Q. I dislike meeting new people. Do I have Asperger syndrome?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I don't conduct well in social situations. I have two friends. I struggle to see them without alcohol as I become anxious about it. When I communicate with my partner, I prefer to send messages even when he is next to me. I become overwhelmed when I am in a social situation. I hate meeting new peoples. I often come across rude or sarcastic apparently. I donot understand sarcasm from others. Do I have asperger syndrome?

#

Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I think that you are an Introvert personality, less likely to be Asperger's syndrome. it makes it difficult to communicate with new persons. you may like to live alone at home, rather than going to a party. you may like your own time, rather time spending time with friends or social gatherings. you may have a small friend circle, limited friends but they all are close to you. Because of your introvert nature, you may lack confidence and suffer from inferiority complex. you must accept yourself and work on how you can improve on yourself. You should try to follow healthy guidelines to build your confidence. You should do exercises daily for 30 - 45 minutes like at least going for a walk.

You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, just sit at one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, don't stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let it be. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, avoid junk foods. You must drink enough water. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.

You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments. You should take enough 7 - 8 hours of sleep daily. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse. Live your life, don't just spend it. Be bold and confident. I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help. Thank you.

| 

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

My 10-year-old daughter obsess over spanking all day long. Does she have Asperger's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am afraid that my 10-year-old daughter might have Asperger's syndrome. She obsesses over spankings all day long. She watches videos of spankings all day long also, and she fantasizes of getting hit. She even spanks her brothers and sisters. I can tell it gives her some pleasure. She...  Read Full »

Lately, I am unable to think and talk clearly. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have had speech difficulties since I was a kid. Now, it has progressed, and it is hard to say what I am thinking. I tend to have slow speech and thinking. Of late, it has been getting worse. I have to carefully think of what to say when I talk. I feel like ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»