Q. Is there any side effect in taking Atomoxetine?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 17, 2021

I was suspected to have adult ADHD. I am continuing Atomoxetine HCL for almost a year and my current dosage 60 mg/day. I observed significant improvement in concentration and reduced distraction. Is there any long term side effect of this drug?

#

• Atomoxetine is a non-stimulant ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) medicine.
  • The drug is safe to use even in children and there are no serious permanent side effects of the drug even on prolonged use.
  • Your dose is very high. If you are seeing improvement, then you can discuss with your doctor to reduce the dose of the drug and to maintain on a relatively low dose.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|