Adhd

Is it normal to have too many tics developed in a short time as a teenager?

Query: Hi doctor, My 13-year-old daughter developed a tic for about a month. And it started with a shoulder shrug (one side, left shoulder) and has progressed to several upper body tics. About six tics (head jerking, shoulder shrug, arm jerk or extending, hand hitting thigh, hand hitting chest, and hand f...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation, and I am sorry for her to face this situation. Yes, the prime age of a child developing tic disorder is 11 to 13 years. Usually, tic disorder has comorbid conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder and ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity...  Read Full »

Why do I have weird and unusual sensations in my brain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am here because I have been dealing with a few health issues for about 2 years now. I feel weird and unusual sensations in my brain. The best way I can describe it is that it basically feels like there is a big bubble in my head, trying to fill in a missing gap or something, combin...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that it has been because of your medications only that you are having these symptoms. Your Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms were well controlled with Adderall (combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine), which is a more effective m...  Read Full »

How to manage adult ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, Last winter, at the age of 48, I found that I have adult ADHD. I have a very high IQ, and I somehow managed to graduate at university. Still, I have never found a decent job anywhere, despite changing the country several times and being fluent in four languages (while unemployed). My mai...  Read Full »

Dr. Amritagarwal

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to tell you that although I have done my post-graduation in pharmacology (after MBBS), I am practicing at my hometown as a physician for the last six years (because my father was a well-known physician for 40 years, and now he has stopped practicing for five y...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for adult ADHD?

Query: Hello. As an adult with 3 children with adhd that take vyvanse. I can see that I too suffer more than I would like to tell. my whole life struggles and not sticking with the same job very long, never finishing anything and not being organized and getting frustrated with myself because if my failures...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq - Your experience as a parent of children with ADHD is fairly common. By observing their children , many parents realise retrospectively that they too had similar problems related to ADHD - It helps to know that you were on stimulant medication Ritalin in your teenage y...  Read Full »

How to correct sleeping irregularities due to quitting Adderall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking on behalf of my friend. She is 23 years old. She is 5'11 and somewhere around 130-140 lbs. Lately, she developed thyroid issues, such as a slowed heart rate. She used to take Adderall for her ADHD but has not in months. She drinks coffee nearly every day. Her sleep schedule...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your friend has had ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and given up to take Adderall one month back as she had taken that for her ADHD. Now your friend has insomnia. She has recently started to tak...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Can I take Propranolol and Adderall together?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to take both Adderall and Propranolol? I have ADHD and I am taking Adderall. I have been asked to speak about my career, but I get paralyzing stage fear every time I speak in front of a crowd. A psychiatrist prescribed me Propranolol, but this does not seem like a safe combin...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. The fear and uncomfortable feel of standing and speaking in front of crowd is due to anxiety only, which can be an independent entity or can be associated with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) itself. Propranolol is going to r...  Read Full »

Does concentration problem with forgetfulness in an 11-year-old kid indicate ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-year-old daughter hardly focuses and is easily carried away. She has forgetfulness also. She is smart, but this has been inhibited by talking too much and playing all the time. I have searched online and she happens to be exhibiting all ADHD symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is pretty common and it usually self remits by the age of 15 to 16 years. So you might need to give her medicines until that time so that her academic performance does not suffer. You can start off with basic medicines ...  Read Full »

Why do I stress myself while learning sports?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD and I am currently on Vyvanse. I am a football player. I perform badly when I am under pressure. When I get a simple instruction, I feel like it as so tough. But, when I am practicing or alone, I can enjoy myself and play well. Even though I enjoy football and love the sport, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to get frustrated very easily. You are also unable to handle disappointments. Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Take up a failure as a challenge and you will never get disappointed. Also, when you are impulsive your thinking is disorganized an...  Read Full »

How to fix my long term concentration problems with excessive mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I have trouble concentrating. It feels like my mind is always in a thousand different places at once and it is hard to keep in it one place or thought. I have excessive moods and sway from one thing to next all the time. I also have a constant voluntary shaking of my leg. I need some...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been having trouble with concentration, mood swings, and restless legs? There are several different possible reasons that can cause these symptoms. For example, if these symptoms were present since childhood we may need to consider ADD/ADHD (attentio...  Read Full »