Adhd

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »

Can I take Propranolol and Adderall together?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to take both Adderall and Propranolol? I have ADHD and I am taking Adderall. I have been asked to speak about my career, but I get paralyzing stage fear every time I speak in front of a crowd. A psychiatrist prescribed me Propranolol, but this does not seem like a safe combin...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. The fear and uncomfortable feel of standing and speaking in front of crowd is due to anxiety only, which can be an independent entity or can be associated with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) itself. Propranolol is going to r...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Kindly give your opinion on ADHD and OCD.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have any official diagnoses, but I am curious to know more about ADHD or ADD and OCD. Recently I was about to sit down to eat breakfast when I got sidetracked and started something else. One thing lead to another and next thing I know it is 45 minutes later, I have half of my...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start with one thing on another, and we may behave strangely. But it does not mean that you have some psychiatric diagnosis. The difference between abnormality and normality lies on a spectrum in psychiatry. Some criteria to define if a particular thing needs the att...  Read Full »

Is Valprol safe for a 6-year-old ADHD kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 6-year-old, and weight is 20 kg, had been detected with ADHD from three years. We had started his medication and behavior therapy around 40 days back under the consultation of pediatrics and psychologist. After 10 days, we consulted a neuro-psychiatrist who recommended us...  Read Full »

Dr. Gerry Mike

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like there is a discrepancy. It would be wise taking to account both results are true positives. It is warranted to that you go to your child neurologist to confi...  Read Full »

Is it appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it ever appropriate to prescribe stimulant medication after an episode of psychosis? I am a patient that has done well on them in the past and is struggling to mange my ADHD without them. The psychosis happened last year during a period of social isolation.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have raised a very pertinent question. Stimulant medication can raise the risk of relapse in psychotic symptoms. If psychotic symptoms were clearly treatment-emergent, generally it is not advisable to try stimulants again. If ADHD symptoms are problematic, you ca...  Read Full »

I have ADHD and I feel sleepy after having Concerta. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with ADHD two years ago, and I have tried different medications at different dosages. And each has not felt optimal. I have attempted to (in order) Concerta 18 mg (Methylphenidate Hcl), Vyvanse 10 mg (Lisdexamfetamine), Adderall IR 10 mg ( Dextroamphetamine-Amphetamine...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If ADHD symptoms continue to affect your daily functioning negatively, it will be worthwhile to try other options. It looks like you were tried only on small doses of different stimulant medication but were discontinued as you did not tolerate it well. There are non...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Propranolol with Adderall for ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been prescribed Adderall 10 mg two tablets daily for ADHD and 10 mg Propranolol as needed for anxiety. Adderall is helping my ADHD. However, I have experienced increased anxiety and all the physical symptoms that come along with it, including chest tightness since taking the Ad...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long are you taking Adderall? It is known that some people experience increased anxiety when taking Adderall ( Dextroamphetamine, Amphetamine). If the excessive stress continues to be problematic and has not settled in few weeks, discuss with your psychiatrist ab...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Strattera with Effexor?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Effexor XR 300 mg for depression. It has been working really well. My psychiatrist has now prescribed me Strattera for ADHD. I am about to start 25 mg and work my way upto 80 mg over a few weeks. Strattera and Effexor both seem to inhibit Norepinephrine reuptake. Is i...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may know that Effexor XR is effective against depression and Strattera is used to manage ADHD. Sometimes both are prescribed together when you have ADHD along with depression. Your psychiatrist is following a safe approach of starting on a low dose of Stratter...  Read Full »

I get frustrated easily with low tolerance. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,People called me stupid and annoying it is not that I do not understand. It is that I cannot focus, I have a tough time focusing, and I would not deny I am annoying. I never sit still I am wandering around the house all the time I told my dad I would not sit still even if I was glued to...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting symptoms which are suggestive of ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder). How are you managing at school? Further assessment, including developmental history from parents, corroborative information from school will help to clarify the severity...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.