Adhd

How to fix my long term concentration problems with excessive mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I have trouble concentrating. It feels like my mind is always in a thousand different places at once and it is hard to keep in it one place or thought. I have excessive moods and sway from one thing to next all the time. I also have a constant voluntary shaking of my leg. I need some...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been having trouble with concentration, mood swings, and restless legs? There are several different possible reasons that can cause these symptoms. For example, if these symptoms were present since childhood we may need to consider ADD/ADHD (attentio...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurveda medicines for ADHD.

Query: Hi doctor, My son was diagnosed with ADHD before a year and subsequently he was given Vyvanse 20 mg. He has continued to take this medication until this year with a dosage increase from 20 mg to 30 mg. He is 8 years old and weighs about 70 lbs. I would like to get him off this medication and try ...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than just mentioning as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder), I would request you mention the dominant symptoms you have noted in him. Also, mention about his bowel movements, sleeping and food habits. Revert back with a detailed history to an ayur...  Read Full »

Can ADHD result from banging head against the wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not living together with my husband and we have a six year old boy. My child is living with my husband only. He used to meet me for some time and tell all the information what he had done. Before four years, when he was 2 years old, he said that, my husband banged my son's head five ...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that you are doing a great job managing a kid with ADHD along with some family issues what you had mentioned. Regarding the head banging episode, which you had mentioned is two years back when he was around two years old. A two year old kid r...  Read Full »

Can Strattera affect kids' behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 6 years old and has been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and sensory integration disorder. He had Adderall XR 5 mg for a while and recently was changed to Strattera 27 mg. My son has been experiencing major insomnia, high aggressive behaviors which involved throwing objects at people, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest not to discontinue Strattera (Atomoxetine) abruptly without supervision. However, I do think that your son is having side effects due to Strattera (insomnia, high aggressive behavior). Please discuss it with his psychiatrist as soon as possible and disc...  Read Full »

Why is my son becoming so aggressive and impatient?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 years old. He is on Ritalin LA, Oleanz 5, Nuzak and Lithium. I think the doctors do not know what is really wrong and are experimenting on him? Recently he is telling lies, stealing and defiant. He does get agitated at times and shows aggression and has become very impatient....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medications seem to be for ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and bipolar disorder with psychotic features. He should be managed only by a psychiatrist. Aggression is a part of ADHD. The Ritalin (Methylphenidate hydrochloride) can cause sleep difficult...  Read Full »

I get severe stomach pain and cramps. Could hormonal imbalance be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 years old. I get horrible stomach pains and my doctor thinks I have acid reflex my mom thinks because I have a hormonal imbalance that I am getting bad stomach cramps. She thinks it is the hormones that are doing it but I do not think so. I think it has to do with that it is so ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have multiple problems. I want to ask you a few things. Since how much time you are suffering from pain in the stomach? What is the exact location of the pain? Above umbilicus, or around the umbilicus, or below that? Is there any association of meals wit...  Read Full »

Why is my memory degrading suddenly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female who has for the past months been experiencing that my memory is degrading badly. I have always had a memory that was fair enough. I do have much stress and I do have social anxiety. I do not sleep that well, but that was never a problem before. I sleep aroun...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you approached for counseling. I am not sure whether you are diagnosed with ADHD or not. Also please do mention medicines you are taking. Based on given information, it seems that you are experiencing attention problems due to stressful events and preo...  Read Full »

Can Strattera and Effexor be taken together?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Effexor XR 300 mg for depression. It has been working really well. My psychiatrist has now prescribed me Strattera for ADHD. I am about to start 25 mg and work my way upto 80 mg over a few weeks. Strattera and Effexor both seem to inhibit Norepinephrine reuptake. Is i...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may know that Effexor XR is effective against depression and Strattera is used to manage ADHD. Sometimes both are prescribed together when you have ADHD along with depression. Your psychiatrist is following a safe approach of starting on a low dose of Stratter...  Read Full »

Is it likely to develop tolerance within a week to Concerta XL?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Concerta XL for ADHD for 10 days now. I have started taking 18 mg per day and after seven days I increased it to 36 mg. However, I do not feel the effects anymore, initially, when I was taking 18 mg it was working, but it no longer works. Can you develop a toleranc...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Concerta XL needs to be gradually titrated up according to your age, body weight and clinical response, i.e improvement in symptoms and any side effects. I note that it is still early days since you commenced on Concerta. XL. You will not be developing tolerance in t...  Read Full »

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »