Common "Adhd" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Attention deficit hyperactive disorder is a condition where there is difficulty in having attention and causes hyperactivity and impulsiveness. Insufficient brain development, trauma to the brain, genetics, etc., causes attention deficit hyperactive disorder. Treatments include behavioral therapy, medications, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My 10-year-old son is a master manipulator. Is he suffering from ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years old. Since one year, he has been urinating in his pants in school and often arguing with adults and sometimes with other kids. He has once threatened me that he would commit suicide. He tells people he is a "master manipulator" and that there is nothing wrong with hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth. B

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. From your description, there are two things which come to my mind apart from the ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder). One is ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), and the other one is a conduct disorder. But, your description does ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some treatment strategies for ADHD besides medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with ADHD. She is taking the medications prescribed by her doctor. I want to know treatment options beyond medication. Could you please provide some insight into alternative treatments? Also, I am curious about the potential side effects ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern for your daughter. Of course, I am glad you are exploring alternative treatment options for your daughter. Beyond medication, some alternative treatments for ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) include therapy such as cognitive...  Read Full »

I have ADHD and I feel sleepy after having Concerta. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with ADHD two years ago, and I have tried different medications at different dosages. And each has not felt optimal. I have attempted to (in order) Concerta 18 mg (Methylphenidate Hcl), Vyvanse 10 mg (Lisdexamfetamine), Adderall IR 10 mg ( Dextroamphetamine-Amphetamine...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If ADHD symptoms continue to affect your daily functioning negatively, it will be worthwhile to try other options. It looks like you were tried only on small doses of different stimulant medication but were discontinued as you did not tolerate it well. There are non...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in comprehending and understanding. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently pursuing nursing; however, there is this one thing that hinders me. As we all know, skills are essential in the field of medicine, but whenever instructions are given, I have difficulty comprehending and understanding them. I lose my focus whenever there is an instructio...  Read Full »

Dr. Vipul Chelabhai Prajapati

Answer: Hello Welcome to I can understand your concern. The challenges regarding comprehending and understanding can be frustrating and hinder your progress, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many individuals face similar obstacles, and with appropriate support and strat...  Read Full »

Could my 4-year-old's behavior be a sign of ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 4-year-old who is all over the place, and I am wondering if it could be linked to ADHD. What kinds of behaviors should I be looking out for at this age, and how can I tell if it is just normal kid energy or something more? I am a bit lost in the parenting game, and any tips o...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health care. I can understand your concern. It is understandable to feel unsure about parenting challenges, especially when considering ADHD. At 4 years old, some common behaviors to observe include difficulty staying focused, impulsivity, excessive fidgeting...  Read Full »

I have ADHD and social phobia. Will in-patient treatment work?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old and I just started taking online college classes. I attempted to go to in-person classes but I had panic attacks and I dropped out. For the last two years, I only leave my apartment to go to the movie theater and grocery store. I also go to the doctors and therapists, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As per details provided by you regarding your diagnosis, such patients tend to have difficulty in attention and concentration along with difficulty in facing social situations and anhedonia. The best course of treatment as per prevailing clinical guidelines is psychotr...  Read Full »

My nephew has been diagnosed with ADHD. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew has been diagnosed with ADHD. The weird thing is that we have been considering him from childhood as someone with a mental health disorder. He turned 19 last month; we were in transit when a gentleman doctor approached, and this was the first time we saw him interacting with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seyedaidin Sajedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I feel your concern about your nephew. It would be very beneficial if I could have more details about your nephew, for example, his literacy level, school function, speech ability, and social interaction. Moreover, a general description of his behavior is necessary. ...  Read Full »

Is cognitive behavioral therapy helpful for ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a friend, 22 years old, who has been struggling with anxiety lately. When he was a kid, he had ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and went through some therapies for it. Now, he is dealing with anxiety disorder, and it is really getting to him. I have heard about c...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for seeking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation and your friend's problem. You are a good person who tries to help your friend. It is understandable to have concerns about whether cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) would be suitable f...  Read Full »

Can you help me understand the symptoms of adult ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old, and I have been wondering if I might have adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). I have noticed difficulties with focus, organization, and impulsivity, and it has been impacting my daily life. Can you help me understand the symptoms of adult ADHD, how...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. I can provide you with general information on adult ADHD, its diagnosis, and treatment options. It is important to consult a doctor in person for proper evaluation and guidance. Symptoms of adult ADHD can be catego...  Read Full »

I am a 19-year-old girl diagnosed with severe ADHD. I am also having depression, anxiety, and fear of going to doctors. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am struggling to find myself. I have no hobbies. I do not find enjoyment in most things. I do not hate everything, but I am extremely neutral, melancholic even. I enjoy hanging out with my boyfriend and my cats, but feel stuck because it is only him and me. I have no other friends in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Thank you for stopping by at I am here to provide expert opinions on your medical issues. The symptoms you have mentioned are of depressive disorder with generalized anxiety. Feeling low and lonely, lack of motivation, and severe devastating social anxiety, all these are depre...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.