Adhd

Please explain what is really wrong with my son.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 years old. He is on Ritalin LA, Oleanz 5, Nuzak and Lithium. I think the doctors do not know what is really wrong and are experimenting on him? Recently he is telling lies, stealing and defiant. He does get agitated at times and shows aggression and has become very impatient....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medications seem to be for ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and bipolar disorder with psychotic features. He should be managed only by a psychiatrist. Aggression is a part of ADHD. The Ritalin (Methylphenidate hydrochloride) can cause sleep difficult...  Read Full »

I get severe stomach pain and cramps. Could hormonal imbalance be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 years old. I get horrible stomach pains and my doctor thinks I have acid reflex my mom thinks because I have a hormonal imbalance that I am getting bad stomach cramps. She thinks it is the hormones that are doing it but I do not think so. I think it has to do with that it is so ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have multiple problems. I want to ask you a few things. Since how much time you are suffering from pain in the stomach? What is the exact location of the pain? Above umbilicus, or around the umbilicus, or below that? Is there any association of meals wit...  Read Full »

Why is my memory degrading suddenly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female who has for the past months been experiencing that my memory is degrading badly. I have always had a memory that was fair enough. I do have much stress and I do have social anxiety. I do not sleep that well, but that was never a problem before. I sleep aroun...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you approached for counseling. I am not sure whether you are diagnosed with ADHD or not. Also please do mention medicines you are taking. Based on given information, it seems that you are experiencing attention problems due to stressful events and preo...  Read Full »

Can Strattera and Effexor be taken together?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Effexor XR 300 mg for depression. It has been working really well. My psychiatrist has now prescribed me Strattera for ADHD. I am about to start 25 mg and work my way upto 80 mg over a few weeks. Strattera and Effexor both seem to inhibit Norepinephrine reuptake. Is i...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may know that Effexor XR is effective against depression and Strattera is used to manage ADHD. Sometimes both are prescribed together when you have ADHD along with depression. Your psychiatrist is following a safe approach of starting on a low dose of Stratter...  Read Full »

Is it likely to develop tolerance within a week to Concerta XL?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Concerta XL for ADHD for 10 days now. I have started taking 18 mg per day and after seven days I increased it to 36 mg. However, I do not feel the effects anymore, initially, when I was taking 18 mg it was working, but it no longer works. Can you develop a toleranc...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Concerta XL needs to be gradually titrated up according to your age, body weight and clinical response, i.e improvement in symptoms and any side effects. I note that it is still early days since you commenced on Concerta. XL. You will not be developing tolerance in t...  Read Full »

Can Xanax be used for ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 26 years old, now has been diagnosed with ADHD when he was 5 years old. He went to various psychiatrist to make sure that he is actually ADHD. Six doctors confirmed that he has ADHD and two doctors said he has bipolar disorder. He says that he was given Xanax as a treatment...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder also called as ADHD is a problem with hyperactivity and decrease attention. Bipolar disorder is the disorder in which increase talk, tall claims, decrease need for sleep and high energy are the most common symptoms. Xanax (Alpr...  Read Full »

Can I take Propranolol and Adderall together?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it safe to take both Adderall and Propranolol? I have ADHD and I am taking Adderall. I have been asked to speak about my career, but I get paralyzing stage fear every time I speak in front of a crowd. A psychiatrist prescribed me Propranolol, but this does not seem like a safe combin...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. The fear and uncomfortable feel of standing and speaking in front of crowd is due to anxiety only, which can be an independent entity or can be associated with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) itself. Propranolol is going to r...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Kindly give your opinion on ADHD and OCD.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have any official diagnoses, but I am curious to know more about ADHD or ADD and OCD. Recently I was about to sit down to eat breakfast when I got sidetracked and started something else. One thing lead to another and next thing I know it is 45 minutes later, I have half of my...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Start with one thing on another, and we may behave strangely. But it does not mean that you have some psychiatric diagnosis. The difference between abnormality and normality lies on a spectrum in psychiatry. Some criteria to define if a particular thing needs the att...  Read Full »

Is Valprol safe for a 6-year-old ADHD kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 6-year-old, and weight is 20 kg, had been detected with ADHD from three years. We had started his medication and behavior therapy around 40 days back under the consultation of pediatrics and psychologist. After 10 days, we consulted a neuro-psychiatrist who recommended us...  Read Full »

Dr. Gerry Mike

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like there is a discrepancy. It would be wise taking to account both results are true positives. It is warranted to that you go to your child neurologist to confi...  Read Full »