Adhd

What is the treatment available for adult ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am just curious here. I fully believe I have adult ADHD, and being that I was diagnosed at 11 with it, would this help my case for medication with a psych?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both adult and childhood ADHD needs to be treated with medicines. Three medicines are the first line drugs used to treat ADHD namely Methamphetamine (Adderal), Methylphenidate (Concerta) and Atomoxetine (Strattera). The former two drugs are more effective in treating hy...  Read Full »

How to deal with my son's behavioral problems?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5.5 years old with developmental delay, speech delay and poor motor skills. He is always hitting, biting and scratching other kids or me when he is upset for any reason. I do not know how to deal with this. I have tried many things, but nothing works. Also, he has a 9 year ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Young children with delayed milestones are at high risk of conditions like ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder) or autism or even behavioral problems. Probably, he needs a careful evaluation to find these problems. Having said that, try...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about the dark brown colored stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with no physical conditions taking Lisdexamfetamine for ADHD. My cause for concern is the passing of some very bright, fleshy-looking stool today. About 2 to 3 weeks ago, I decided to add more insoluble fiber and protein to my diet. I was consuming around 75 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. You have been suffering from the passing of a very bright, red, fleshy-looking stool. According to your statement, your recent changes in diet patterns have done that. Hard stool indicates fecal substances having a l...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for adult ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an adult having three children with ADHD and they are taking Vyvanse. I can see that I am also suffering from it. My whole life is struggling a lot and I am not sticking to my job for a long time. I never finish anything and I am not being organized. I get frustrated with myself as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You experience ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) as a parent of three children and it is fairly common. By observing their children, many parents realize that they had similar problems related to ADHD. It helped you to know that you were taking Ritalin (Me...  Read Full »

I am taking Atomoxetine for adult ADHD. What are the long-term side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suspected to have adult ADHD. I am continuing Atomoxetine HCL for almost a year and my current dosage 60 mg/day. I observed significant improvement in concentration and reduced distraction. Is there any long term side effect of this drug?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atomoxetine is a non-stimulant ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) medicine. The drug is safe to use even in children and there are no serious permanent side effects of the drug even on prolonged use. Your dose is very high. If you are seeing improvement, then y...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have too many tics developed in a short time as a teenager?

Query: Hi doctor, My 13-year-old daughter developed a tic for about a month. And it started with a shoulder shrug (one side, left shoulder) and has progressed to several upper body tics. About six tics (head jerking, shoulder shrug, arm jerk or extending, hand hitting thigh, hand hitting chest, and hand f...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation, and I am sorry for her to face this situation. Yes, the prime age of a child developing tic disorder is 11 to 13 years. Usually, tic disorder has comorbid conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder and ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity d...  Read Full »

How is ADHD treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD. My common symptoms are disturbance of selective attention of auditory and visual input, disorders of visual perception, impaired organization and categorization of verbal material, disturbance of language comprehension, impaired long-term memory, altered personality and affec...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and the clinical case scenario. Most of the medicines, which work for ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), are not working well for you. Actually, they are worsening you. This is an observation which supports the possibility that...  Read Full »

Why do I have weird and unusual sensations in my brain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am here because I have been dealing with a few health issues for about 2 years now. I feel weird and unusual sensations in my brain. The best way I can describe it is that it basically feels like there is a big bubble in my head, trying to fill in a missing gap or something, combin...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that it has been because of your medications only that you are having these symptoms. Your Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms were well controlled with Adderall (combination of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine), which is a more effective m...  Read Full »

How to manage adult ADHD?

Query: Hi doctor, Last winter, at the age of 48, I found that I have adult ADHD. I have a very high IQ, and I somehow managed to graduate at university. Still, I have never found a decent job anywhere, despite changing the country several times and being fluent in four languages (while unemployed). My mai...  Read Full »

Dr. Amritagarwal

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to tell you that although I have done my post-graduation in pharmacology (after MBBS), I am practicing at my hometown as a physician for the last six years (because my father was a well-known physician for 40 years, and now he has stopped practicing for five y...  Read Full »

How to correct sleeping irregularities due to quitting Adderall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking on behalf of my friend. She is 23 years old. She is 5'11 and somewhere around 130-140 lbs. Lately, she developed thyroid issues, such as a slowed heart rate. She used to take Adderall for her ADHD but has not in months. She drinks coffee nearly every day. Her sleep schedule...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your friend has had ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and given up to take Adderall one month back as she had taken that for her ADHD. Now your friend has insomnia. She has recently started to tak...  Read Full »