Q. Which ayurvedic oil can be used for atopic dermatitis?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Feb 22, 2019

My daughter is suffering from atopic dermatitis from the past five years. She is going to be 6 years old in a few months. We have taken her to multiple doctors including allopathy, ayurveda, homeopathy, etc. Could you please suggest any effective ayurvedic oils for giving relief to her?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Atopic dermatitis is very common in children. It may cause itchy, red and dry skin. Sometimes it happens due to allergies. Chronic dermatitis or eczema needs regular medications for long time to get better results.

Allergical condition, multivitamin deficiencies, fungal or viral infection, reduced immunity, etc.

CBC, vitamins deficiency.

Eczema, ringworm, contact dermatitis, sunburn.

It can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines but need to take medicines at least two months with regular follow up.
Rx,
1. Purim syrup 5 ml thrice a day after meals.
2. Himalaya haridra one capsule with Himalaya Neem one tablet and Baidyanath Gandhaka Rasayana one tablet. Make powder of these tablets and mix it with a few drops of honey and make its three parts. Give it to child one part morning, one part afternoon and one part night.
3. Apply Vasu Cutisora oil externally thrice a day.

Keep affected area clean. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Clothes should be proper clean and dry.

| 

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full »

Is there an ayurveda treatment for nonretractable foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I am unable to retract my foreskin in both flaccid and erect state. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Which skin repair products can be used to treat uneven tone with swollen eyelids and lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been struggling with skin problems since I was a baby. I was told I have eczema and not allowed to eat things like tin food and my body gets itchy when I play in the grass and after taking a bath. I get a rash, teary eyes, runny nose, when seasons change my skin gets dry too espec...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now