Q. I have uneven tone and swollen eyelids and lips. Why?

Dr. Rabia Anjum

I have been struggling with skin problems since I was a baby. I was told I have eczema and not allowed to eat things like tin food and my body gets itchy when I play in the grass and after taking a bath. I get a rash, teary eyes, runny nose, when seasons change my skin gets dry too especially in winter. Now as a 25-year-old female my skin tone is uneven, my face is worse, at times my lips and eyelids swell up and I am not sure why. I have recently been using some products for a month and I still see no difference. Which skin repair products can you recommend?

#

You are suffering from atopic dermatitis. You have a family history of atopy. You have all the symptoms of atopy that is runny nose, eyes problem and now swelling. It is a condition in which a person has an inherent tendency of being allergic to so many things. We have a natural moisturizing factor in our skin but that factor is missing in atopic individuals. That is why skin is very dry and itchy. It is affected by different climatic conditions, whether change, clothing, infections. In some people it can get better with age, in others it continues for long periods. You have to avoid the factors that aggravate your condition and I will also suggest you take opinion from an eye specialist as well. Your medications are correct. The main thing is to moisturize the skin.

Atopic dermatitis.

Atopic dermatitis.

Apply white soft Paraffin plus liquid Paraffin and apply over body 3 to 4 times a day, take antihistamine tablet, mild steroid preparation like Hydrocortisone ointment can be used if skin feels inflamed. Apply moisturizer to your face. Use sunscreen for face.

Avoid long baths in water, avoid woolen clothing, Immediately moisturize your body after taking a bath, avoid extremes of temperature, do take opinion from an eye specialist.

|