Q. I have brown lesions like freckles with bleeding and honeycomb pattern in arms and legs. Please help.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

What could cause small light brown lesions that look like freckles but are infact crusts? If pulled bleed a lot despite being very shallow and usually always a dark hair like protrusion from the center. Accompanied with many spider veins, and very shallow blue-green veins. Making a honeycomb sort of pattern along the insides of arms and legs. It looks like following lymph vessels.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the attached image and read your history (attachment removed to protect patient identity), from that I understand what you may be having Is folliculitis lesions, that is, infection of the hair root follicle, although I could not appreciate any such lesions in the photo.

As far as the veins, as shown in the image, is concerned, those are just your superficial veins that appear prominently because of your skin tone. However, if you feel tortuous thick veins protruding out on your legs, specifically the calf region, it may denote a venous insufficient state like varicosity. Varicose veins are commonly more prone to happen in people with prolonged standing hours of work or with a relevant family history.

For folliculitis, you can apply Fusidic acid cream or Mupirocin cream twice daily after thorough washing of the area, and also if badly infected, you can take a short course of antibiotics.

Are these folliculitis lesions also appearing on your extremities? Shaving in a direction against the hair follicle can cause an infection and also too frequent shaving.

For a more definitive diagnosis of the freckle like lesion, you can send a more focused picture.

|