Folliculitis

What is the cause for vaginal blisters which is itchy and burning?

Query: Hello doctor, I did have one sore on my vagina, a blister appears from no were was sore, itchy and burning a bit and there are lots of white stuff around my vagina clit, it was fine then this appears from no where and I cannot pop or scrap it. What is this white spot thing? I do suffer from BV and ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesion appears to be a follicular infection or folliculitis and unlike any STD (sexually transmitted disease) especially herpes which has a confluent multiple blister growth. The pain and inflammation seem classical to folliculitis and it is likely to be after yo...  Read Full »

Why do I have red spots on my chest?

Query: Hi doctor,I have red spots on my chest for the last two weeks. They are not itching, but I am worried about that. Is this some sort of rash or just chest acne? Should I be worried? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. If you did not have any fever or viral in the recent past, these are quite unlikely to be some associated rash. If...  Read Full »

What to do for a swollen and painful nose due to pulling off a hair from it?

Query: Hello doctor, My nose hair got pulled off due to the swelling inside my nose, and it is paining a lot. One side of my nose is very hard and tight. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aniket

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is folliculitis of the nose. It is a common condition if a hair gets pulled out and the site gets an infection. It needs the following investigation and medication. Review with reports and start the medication from today.  Read Full »

What causes pain under the armpit in a pregnant lady?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 2 months and 5 days pregnant. She is having pain under her right armpit for two weeks. It pains only if we touch it. Is there any issue with this? She is taking Pregnacare medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. It seems like she might have some furuncle (boil) under her armpit. It would be useful if you could share any picture of the lesion, so that accurate diagnosis and advice can be given. But as she is pregnant so I would recommend to consult your local doctor as well an...  Read Full »

Does masturbating without lubricant result in a bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. From your description, it seems you have developed tractional folliculitis due to excessive masturbation. You can use topical Mupirocin ointment twice daily and take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three days after consulting your GP ...  Read Full »

I have sore on my forehead. Shall I try Sulfa antibiotic?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to my doctor yesterday for a sore on my forehead. I was concerned it would be skin cancer. He agreed that it looked strange, and suggested a Sulfa antibiotic to see if it is getting better. If not he told me to come back again. I am curious about it. Kindly give me an opinion on...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see it has formed scab now, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it could be, Folliculitis (I see a similar small red spot on the scalp), it responds to topical antibiotics like Clindamycin 1 %, Mupirocin 2 %. Irritated seborrheic keratosis ...  Read Full »

Why am I having lot of white pimples on buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, My buttocks got some skin disorder. It is filled with a lot of small white pimples and it gets dead and skin became very bad. It looks very dirty and I feel very uncomfortable. No itching no pain sometimes rarely feels itchy. In my teenage, it stared I guess. Now, I am 28 years old. P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have tinea incognito with superadded folliculitis. Follow certain general measures. Do not keep the area wet at all. Use Clotrimazole powder f...  Read Full »

What is folliculitis of scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am having pimples on the surface of the scrotum since last 7 years. Sometimes there is itching and irritation. My father also have the same problem, but still not taken any treatment. A sample picture is attached here with this query for your reference. Could...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and symptoms my diagnosis is folliculitis of scrotum which is nothing but infection of the hair follicle.First we should rule out whether you are a diabetic or not. For that get a blood sugar test don...  Read Full »

How to treat underarm pimples?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past 2 to 3 years, I frequently get pus-filled pimples. I consulted two different doctors, who told it is probably a gland infection. They suggested medicines for months. When I take the medicines, I do not get any pimples, but they come back as soon as I stop taking them. Fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Folliculitis or acne is basically bacterial infection affecting the sebaceous glands. Please send good quality images and revert. What medications were prescribed in the past? I suggest you try applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice daily. Revert with more information to...  Read Full »

What are the clothing items that are low-key and bad for health?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the clothing items that are low-key bad for your health? A rundown of items of clothing that are actually bad for your health like some shapewear, unsupportive flats, jeans that are too tight, etc.   Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will explain about skin-tight clothes like jeans. First they cause excessive sweating which might lead to frequent folliculitis and fungal skin infections. Secondly, if they are very tight and have Lycra in them it can lead to vascular compromise. Thirdly, if the f...  Read Full »