Q. My kid has constipation issues from the last three months. What might help her?

Dr. Amit Modi
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

My kid is 1 year old. Since the last three to four months, she has constipation issues. Her doctor prescribed her a medicine which worked for a while. But, now she again has it.

#

• Transient constipation in a 1 year old child improves with diet modification. Most of the medications used to treat constipation treat the acute phase and are for symptomatic relief.
  1. You should include more roughage in her diet like fruits and vegetables.
  2. Avoid giving marketed products like biscuits, chips, and chocolates. These are known to cause constipation.
  3. Increase water intake.

If there is any other query, do let me know.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|