Q. I pass stools once in 2 or 3 days and feel constipated. Kindly help.

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita
I think i am constipated. Is it normal or should i see a doctor again for this? These days i am pooping sometimes after 3 days then after 2 to 3 days again, but sometimes everyday. I see a doctor one time because i have a hard time passing poop and have a blood after pooping and my aunt nurse told me that i keep pushing it so it bloods and its normal to have blood if you keep pushing so i dont push too much and the doctor gave me a prescription which is a laxative for pooping so i think i got better after that and have no worries but now i cant stop thinking when should i poop, why is it after 2 to 3 days thats making me stress and i think that is also one of the reason because i keep thinking about it. Someone said that i should sit on the toilet long but there's no sign that i can poop so sometimes i dont sit long or I go on the toilet when theres urge to poop, How can my pooping go back to normal and not worry about it?
# Hi Pauline,
First of all I would say, relax because stress can be a risk factor of constipation.
Also at this age, food and eating habits are one of the major causes of constipation.
I would advice to have a high fibre diet, and decrease intake of non-veg and increase intake of vegetables and drink lots of water at night before bed.
Also you can take laxative as required. Also don’t put too much pressure while being in the toilet.
Follow up after 15 days after changing your food habit if it helps, if not then I can recommend further management.
Thank you

| 

Facing issues with fecal incontinence, How to get rid of this permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing issues with fecal incontinence. I am unable to control stools. I also have irregularity in passing stools. It is like, the moment I feel like going to the toilet, I get heavy pain inside my stomach and after which I am unable to control stool movement. There is a...  Read Full »

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

My wife could notice blood in her stools.Could you please advise us with proper guidance?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife (age 33 years) has been suffering from piles related issues since last 10 years. It occurred after her delivery (in 2003) and was harmless at that time. We are having an eleven year old daughter. Recently she started experiencing pain and itching while going to toilet. Also sh...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»