Q. What should I do to treat the constipation in a 8 months old baby?

Answered by Dr. M.l.kothari and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Baby Constipation or Laxative? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My baby boy is 8 months old and has trouble in passing stools. With Laxatives, doctor prescribed he is passing hard stools once in four to five days, and he is crying while passing stools. What can I do to improve his constipation? And what diet changes do I need to make? Currently, I am giving him oatmeal pear puree, pear puree, apple puree, and chikoo puree.