Q. Is there any medication or laxatives to cure constipation?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from constipation. Stool is so hard and has got stuck in the colon. I am on keto diet. So, fiber intake is low which may be the reason. Is there any medication or laxatives that I can take?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be suffering from constipation, and you should increase fibers in the diet. I would advise you the following:

1. To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause of constipation that you are having.
  2. To take laxative like Lactulose in the night.
  3. To increase fiber in the diet and to take fruits like papaya which are bulk-forming.
  4. Another thing that you can take is Isabgol husk. You can take three teaspoons full in the night time, and as it is bulk-forming, it may help you with your constipation.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|