Q. My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Dr. Alka

I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• Giving medicine is not the ideal solution to his problem. Firstly, try to find out the exact cause behind the loose motions. Because, once you find out the exact cause, it will be easy for you to avoid that causative factor and the loose motion will automatically get cured.
  • Babies his age usually have this problem due to milk. So, if you are giving him cow's or buffalo's milk, stop it for a while and give him mother feed. Then notice if the frequency of stools is under control.
  • The next thing is, as he is 6 months old, give him fruits like banana, apples, pomegranate juice, boiled rice because all these things are helpful in binding the stool. If you give him a proper diet, then you will find there is no need to give him medicines.

I hope you understand my point. Follow up after two weeks.

Revert after two weeks to an ayurveda specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|