Q. How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Dec 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor has advised taking Normaxin RT, Enbios, Rabicip D SR for two weeks. The condition improves but recurs as the course is over.

Eight years ago, I was diagnosed via a colonoscopy to have terminal ileum erosion with chronic non-specific inflammatory substances. I was suspected to have IBD, IBS, Crohn's. I had the course of Mesacol, Budez CR intermittently for nearly three years. The condition significantly improved and I consumed Bifilac capsule for some time. Is my current problem connected to the old problem?. Please suggest a suitable course of treatment.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.

I suggest you follow these measures:

• Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc.
  • Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various forms.
  • Have a diet rich in vegetables and fibers.

Regarding the previous issue, it is always better to get an imaging of the abdomen. An ultrasound or a CECT (high-dose contrast-enhanced computed tomography) to be done.

Moreover, considering your age and previous issue, a follow-up colonoscopy is warranted.

Follow up as needed.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

How do I treat constipation on a long-term basis? How often can I take PAN 40 mg kind of medicine to subside immediate symptoms? The recent USG of the abdomen shows little fatty liver with no other problem.

Dr. Noushif M

#

Diet modification and avoiding precipitating foods is the best method.

You can use mild laxatives like lactulose if needed when you notice stools becoming hard.

Pantoprazole can be used to relieve the burning pain.

It can be used for five to seven days when you experience the symptoms.

Avoid long-term usage.

How to Avoid Constipation?

Article Overview: This article gives you brief information about constipation and its treatment. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Constipation? It is an incomplete movement of the intestine. It is a prevalent problem which affects 90 % of people in the world. In initial days, people ignore this complaint, but as days pass, it disturbs the routine. If your stomach is not emptied, it will make you feel irritated, and yo...  Read Article

Can chronic constipation and absence of hunger result in varicose veins?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is getting varicose veins. It has just started. I just noticed these bulging veins today. I suspect the reason is chronic constipation and absence of hunger. Chronic pathogenic infection of GI tract may also be there. Flatulence and low energy levels are also present. What to...  Read Full »

Do I have constipation because of IUD?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my Skyla IUD placed before two and a half years. In the last two months, my period has stopped for about two to three days. Then, again returned after another three days. This month, I had my periods for two times with terrible constipation and lower back pain. Could the progestero...  Read Full »