Q. How can fever with green diarrhea be treated in a 2-year-old child?

Dr. Vishal Parmar
Published on Apr 11, 2019

My 2-year-old daughter has raspy breathing, and a rough cough followed with a runny nose for the past two days. Today started running a slight fever of 100.3 with green diarrhea that has turned yellow that smells very bad. She also keeps pointing to her belly as it hurts. Kindly advice.

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I just got your concern. It is like a typical viral infection. Give more water, liquid, and homemade food.

If she has a fever when measured with a thermometer kindly make a note of it. If her temperature is more than 100 Fahrenheit, give Paracetamol syrup with a dose of 15 mg per kg. Keep a gap of minimum six hours in between two treatments.

For diarrhea, you can give ORS (oral rehydration therapy) as much as she wants and if she requires a need to start Zinc syrup. Is she pointing her belly and complaining that it is hurting it is possible then maybe some spasm? You can give Dicyclomine syrup.

For cold and runny nose you can give Cetirizine syrup 2.5 mg one time a day. Look for breathing if she is having more cough and breathing then please visit the nearby pediatrician.

If she is looking dull, not taking anything from the mouth and sleepy, then please go to the pediatrician.

Stool routine.

Dysentery.

Viral gastroenteritis.

Oral rehydration therapy, Paracetamol, Dicyclomine, Cetrizine and rest.

Prevent dehydration.

after two days.

| 

How can I prevent reflux in an 18 days old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 18 days old. Yesterday she vomited out milk three times in a day. Also sometimes she coughs for four to five seconds several minutes after the feed. She arches her back and folds her leg when I lay her on the bed. She is more comfortable lying on my chest and tummy all ...  Read Full »

What can be done for fever, severe cough, and running nose in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 years 10 months old boy is suffering from fever, severe cough, and running nose from the last four days. Then from the last two days, he is having a high-grade temperature like 102, 103 and then started antibiotic from the last two days (Klacid). Fever has not reduced with Parace...  Read Full »

My baby has fever even after giving Paracetamol. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,My four month old baby weighs 7 kg. He has a 100-degree fever since today noon. I had given 4 ml of 125 g Paracetamol syrup. But the temperature is still at 100.   Read Full »