Q. Why is my baby having fever every 10 days for the last two months?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

My son (aged 8 months, weighing 8.5 kg) is suffering from fever frequently once in 10 days for last two months. We have got urine (culture and routine) and blood tests (CBC, CRP, IgE total) done for my son. The urine report is normal. However, as per the blood report, there is some infection in the blood and Hb is low (attached reports). So, the doctor prescribed some medicines (Lacktrum powder) and we started giving the medicine from last week. We have been also giving Vita Nova D3 and Bevon since his birth. Today also he got a fever. Why is the fever still continuing despite being on medication? Is the medication enough for him? Any other tests required? Please provide your opinion on this. Also, he is falling down frequently while trying to stand or sit. Will it be an issue?

#

As per the blood investigations, you have shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it suggests that there is some bacterial infection in the blood.

I suggest you start a course of antibiotics for your child at least for five days, preferably Amoxyclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid) or Taxim (Cefixime) depending on your paediatrician's recommendation.

Rest is fine in the report. You need not worry. It is common in this age group.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Thanks for your reply. We will start the antibiotic course.

#

Thanks for your appreciation. I am there always to help you out with your queries. Feel free to ask.

I forgot to answer your query regarding frequent falling of your child. You need not worry regarding that. As the child is just 8 months old, he is still learning to walk. It may take another two months for him to walk completely. Just watch him grow. Enjoy your parenthood.

|