Q. My baby is 10 month old. Can I start solid food now?

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Apr 20, 2019

My baby is 10 months old, and he is two months premature. If I feed him with solid food, he does vomiting. Is it not safe for him to feed with solid food?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. I advise you to try giving some soft and semi-solid foods to your baby right now. Once he starts digesting these then move on slowly towards other food items. Moreover, some babies do not take solid food properly until they develop teeth.

But if your baby does not digest semi-solid foods too, then you need to visit a nearby child specialist. Because it can be due to some other underlying cause which needs to be ruled out. I hope you understand my point.

Can I discharge my premature baby from the NICU?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife was 5 months pregnant and yesterday she gave birth to a premature baby. The doctor has advised us to stay in the hospital for a long time. Is it advisable to do so? Shall I get her discharged from the hospital?  Read Full »

My premature baby has high sugar levels. I am worried. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy two months prematurely and he was underweight (1.210 kg). The reason was almost nil movement of the fetus and very less fluid in the fetus (3.5 to 4).After the delivery, the doctor said that all the other parameters of the baby like the height of the ...  Read Full »

My 1.2 year old son has difficulty in passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1.2 years old. We have recently moved to a new city, and ever since, he is not comfortable passing stool. His stools are hard and cause him pain. Apart from climate change, the water here is very hard. He takes baby food and homemade food, which we also consume. His height, w...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now