Q. My 10 months old niece vomited, two hours after she got hit on her head. What to do?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

My niece got hit on her head, and she is crying since then. She is having a problem while sleeping, and she vomited after two hours of the collision. The collision was not that strong. Is it something serious or is it just trauma? There is no swelling on the head that I can see. Please help. I am very anxious.

#

• Any head trauma has to be observed for signs and symptoms for about 48 hours. An external injury may or may not be there, but internal injury has to be looked for. Vomiting is a symptom of internal injury, but most kids also vomit due to crying excessively.
  • She needs to be examined for the signs of internal injury. Hence, take her to a doctor, especially, because she is crying, is uncomfortable, and had an episode of vomiting.
  • You can give her Paracetamol syrup for now. This will relieve pain if any.

If any more clarification, please post in the follow-up query.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Thank you for replying. She is 10 months old and is asleep for the past 20 minutes. What should I do? It was not that strong collision. Should I go to the doctor or wait for some time? If it is a trauma, would she pacify on her own?

#

• It is better to show her once, as she had an episode of vomiting. I would recommend a check up by a pediatrician. She seems to be normal, but better to confirm once by consulting with your doctor.

Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

Can a minor head injury due to fall from a height result in brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, My now 18-year-old son fell from a height 14 years ago. He got a minor injury. I consulted a neurologist for a CT scan just for my satisfaction. But, the doctor said no he is absolutely fine. I am still worried whether in future he will suffer from a brain tumor be...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with concussion after my head injury. How can it be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female preschool teacher. Recently, I was struck on the head by a first aid kit, a small box fan, and a child car seat, while I was putting another first aid kit on the top shelf in the storage closet at work. I did not lose consciousness but had mild nausea, extreme...  Read Full »

When to Seek Expert Advice for Nausea and Vomiting?

Article Overview: Nausea and vomiting, although common symptoms, can cause a lot of distress when it is persistent. It is important to find out the cause and treat it accordingly. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

What Are Nausea and Vomiting? Nausea is an unpleasant feeling in the stomach that often precedes vomiting. It may or may not be followed by actual vomiting. Vomiting is the forceful throwing up (expelling out) of contents of the stomach through the mouth. Both nausea and vomiting are commonly caus...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»