Q. My 10 months old niece vomited, two hours after she got hit on her head. What to do?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

My niece got hit on her head, and she is crying since then. She is having a problem while sleeping, and she vomited after two hours of the collision. The collision was not that strong. Is it something serious or is it just trauma? There is no swelling on the head that I can see. Please help. I am very anxious.

#

• Any head trauma has to be observed for signs and symptoms for about 48 hours. An external injury may or may not be there, but internal injury has to be looked for. Vomiting is a symptom of internal injury, but most kids also vomit due to crying excessively.
  • She needs to be examined for the signs of internal injury. Hence, take her to a doctor, especially, because she is crying, is uncomfortable, and had an episode of vomiting.
  • You can give her Paracetamol syrup for now. This will relieve pain if any.

If any more clarification, please post in the follow-up query.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Thank you for replying. She is 10 months old and is asleep for the past 20 minutes. What should I do? It was not that strong collision. Should I go to the doctor or wait for some time? If it is a trauma, would she pacify on her own?

#

• It is better to show her once, as she had an episode of vomiting. I would recommend a check up by a pediatrician. She seems to be normal, but better to confirm once by consulting with your doctor.

Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|