Q. My 1. 2 year old son has difficulty in passing stools. Please help.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

My son is 1.2 years old. We have recently moved to a new city, and ever since, he is not comfortable passing stool. His stools are hard and cause him pain. Apart from climate change, the water here is very hard. He takes baby food and homemade food, which we also consume. His height, weight, and head circumference are normal.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

It is one of the common complaints we encounter from the parents. There is nothing to worry.

• Your 1.2 years old son probably has constipation. As a result, he is passing hard stools with pain. Encourage him to have a liquid diet, like water, milk, juices, etc.
  • Give him a balanced diet with all kinds of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber content. You can give him fresh honey, one to two spoons per day.
  • If he is still having difficulty, I suggest giving Dulcolax (Bisacodyl) suppository and seek medical advice. 

Thank you, have a nice day.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|