Q. My 2-day-old baby is not urinating. Why?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 2 days old. She is not urinating and vomiting the milk she drinks. The doctors say that the baby had some amniotic fluid intake during labor. During labor, my wife tried for six hours for a normal delivery. But the head was stuck. So, she opted for a cesarean. Now, the mom is doing good and the milk is not secreted yet. As there was no intake for baby due to vomiting, she is on drips currently to avoid dehydration. How long will it take for the fluid to come out of the baby? How long will it take generally for the baby to urinate? How long does it take for the mother to secrete milk? Looking forward to your opinion.

#

• It is advisable to get a gastric wash if the vomiting persists. Please get the child evaluated by a pediatrician for the same.
  • The child should urinate in the first 24 hours. If the child does not urinate, it may signify an anomaly or indicate less intake.
  • A primipara mother is able to secrete milk in full flow by the third day.

For more information consult a child health specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »

Do mild cramps, bleeding and lower back pain indicate miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and according to LMP, I am 9 weeks and 6 days pregnant now. I had three previous miscarriages (two chemical pregnancies and one at 5-6 weeks). This pregnancy has been really well until a few days ago. Last week I had an ultrasound and the heart rate was 173. That night,...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now