HomeAnswersRheumatologyback painI have been having back pain since one year but when I walk my waist is paining. I am not taking painkillers because I am allergic. Please suggest.

What are the alternatives to treat lower backache?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 5, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 9, 2024

Patient's Query

I have had back pain for about one year. The pain was not that bad at first, but now it is a little more. Walking does not cause any problem but when I go for a walk the pain starts, on the left side of the waist. I cannot turn around because of the pain. I do not take any medicine for pain because taking painkillers makes my eyes swell due to an allergic problem. Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Sugreev Singh

I have read your query and understand your concern.

Actually, if it is happening for one year then I would suggest you do a few tests including an x-ray of the lower back, complete blood count (CBC), and vitamin D3. Usually, injuries and vitamin D deficiency can cause such long-term pain. So it’s important to diagnose it properly and then we can prescribe you medicine accordingly. For now, you can continue Paracetamol. In addition please take a tablet Calcium and vitamin D3 once before sleeping for 15 days. Also, I want to know the following:

1. Have you done x-rays or any investigations before?

2. Does the pain radiate to the leg or any other side?

3. Have you had any injuries to the back?

Please let me know for suggestions. I hope you find this useful.

The Probable causes

Injuries.

Investigations to be done

X-ray of the lower back, CBC, and Vitamin D3.

Differential diagnosis

Vitamin deficiency.

Probable diagnosis

LBA (low backache).

Treatment plan

Symptomatic.

Preventive measures

Sleeping with a low pillow.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

paracetamolback pain

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Rheumatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy