Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Can I take a headache painkiller while pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I take a headache painkiller while pregnant? I have had a headache since yesterday. I am four weeks pregnant, and the headache is sometimes accompanied by nausea. I also have a cough. I am not taking any medications; currently, and I am not allergic to any drugs. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I suggest you take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg for headache. I also suggest you get yourself checked for COVID as you have two main symptoms headache and cough. It will help you better manage if you come out to be positive. Keep yourself well hydr...  Read Full »

Why is my son having a high fever and throwing up everything he eats?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 year old son is suffering from fever. The temperature right now is 100.4 degrees. He is vomiting every thing he is eating.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a sore throat, most likely of a viral origin. But, a bacterial cause should be considered if there is a significant pain the throat. The investigations to be done are CBC (complete blood count) and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). I suggest the f...  Read Full »

My daughter has a fever, headache, and she is shivering. Is giving Paracetamol sufficient?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has had a fever since afternoon. Two doses of Paracetamol were given. She has a headache, and she is shivering. Do we need to give any other medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. If fever is high, give tablet Paracetamol 650 mg twice a day after the meal and if fever is not high, then give tablet Paracetamol 500 mg three times a day. If you gave Paracetamol four hours ago, you could give...  Read Full »

My 5.2 months old daughter has fever and cold. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My baby girl is five months and two weeks old. From yesterday, she has a fever, especially at night. She has a running nose and cold feet. She is very dull and weak. I gave her Piccan syrup and Vitamin C drops. Please help. Thank you  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can stop Piccan syrup (Paracetamol and Diphenhydramine) as of now. It is better to consult your pediatrician regarding the same as per the condition prevailing in your country regarding Vitamin C drops. Also, it is essential to see if the child's temperature is abov...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about 94° F, sore throat and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old male. I have been recently struggling with sickness, yet, I do not know which one. I have 94° F, sore throat, and it hurts while swallowing. I can not breathe without coughing, and I blink a lot. Please give an opinion about my problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, is your temperature reading correct? You have written 94° F that is very low, and we call such low temperature as Hypothermia. If that is your temperature, you need to keep yourself warm. Drink hot coffee or hot soup. As your other symptoms are concer...  Read Full »

Can tablet Diclomol decrease platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, Can tablet Diclomol be taken to reduce temperature? Will it decrease platelet count?  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Tablet Diclomol (combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) is an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and an antipyretic. It will help to decrease the fever very well. It has an adverse effect of reducin...  Read Full »

Is it a must to avoid Diclofenac during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 34 weeks pregnant. Because of severe wrist pain, she had Diclofenac tablets for five days. Now, we are worried after reading on internet that Diclofenac should be avoided during pregnancy. Will it cause any danger to her pregnancy? Please help us doctor.  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stop the medicine now. Yes, Diclofenac should not be taken during pregnancy. The risk is much more when the organ of the fetus develops that is in the first 10 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. Thus, you are lucky enough that she is at 34 weeks and the...  Read Full »

What could be done for sciatica-like pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 49 year old mother has a severe (sciatica-like) leg pain. There is also pain below the knee and at the back of the leg. The pain is an extreme burning sensation kind of pain. It sometimes moves to the hips. The pain increases when she sits or tries to walk. She is taking a pain ki...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A sciatica-like pain can respond to physiotherapy and rehabilitative exercises. I suggest she try tablet Lyrica (Pregabalin) 75 mg at night. It is a little expensive one, but a good medicine. The other option is to take tablet Pregaba-M (a combination of Pregabalin and...  Read Full »

Cetirizine and Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hi doctor, When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have the fever. You can use Paracetamol. You can take it up to three times a day and can stop if your temperature comes down. Now, coming to Cetirizine, it is used for allergy, cold, etc. If you are having a flu type of fever, that is, feve...  Read Full »

What are the medicines used to treat COVID-19?

Query: Hi doctor, I need to get supervised on COVID-19. I have a positive result and I am taking Fabiflu, Atoz tablet, and Dolo. I am having a fever and cough. Is this the right medicine?   Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly share the complete details of your reports and treatments prescribed. Fabiflu (Favipiravir) should be taken in appropriate doses along with other important medicines. I hope that you have been prescribed and not self-medicating. Kindly share the details to he...  Read Full »