Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Can wisdom teeth cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, red tonsil and entire jaw and neck pain. My wisdom tooth also paining for the last two to three months. When I visited an ENT doctor for my throat pain, he said that I do not have any problem inside the neck. He also advised me to visit a dentist. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain, which is present due to wisdom tooth, must be ruled out earlier by consulting a dentist. Because in this case, physical examination and x-ray are necessary. So, consu...  Read Full »

My wrist is swollen and getting worse without any injury. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wrist has been hurting a lot for the past week, despite me never sustaining an injury. I went to A and E where one doctor said it was broken but when I went to fracture clinic the next day other doctor said it was fine and sent me home. It is only getting worse and even more swolle...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain around your wrist region for a week without any history of injury to the affected area. Anyways the pictures which you have sent me to show that there is a bit of swelling around the wrist region, but x-rays are required, and clinical images alo...  Read Full »

I am allergic to cold air. Is there any special mask or medication that helps to stay in cold air?

Query: Hello doctor,I have cold air allergy problem. I cannot stay in an AC environment, like airport, theaters, restaurant, buses, even if I cover my mouth and ear. If I wait for a few hours, I get a cough and feel unwell. If I stay more, then I get a headache. I have been taking medicines which includes ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do precisely your symptoms are? Do you have any nasal problem or breathing trouble, any wheezing? Do you get the same sign when you get exposed to smoke or dust? Since when are you having the symptoms. Have you taken any inhalers and if so have you found relief...  Read Full »

Can I take Mobizox for foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric ...  Read Full »

Can low iron cause fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia. You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months. I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. ...  Read Full »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. There is no role of Tramadol and Acetaminophen in treating fever. This may help just in body pain if associated. I suppose that he should continue with Paracetamol 650 mg 6 to 8 hourly along with Amoxicillin for fever. For chest con...  Read Full »

Are high creatinine and back pain signs of kidney failure?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain on the right side of my back, and I have a fever of 100 F. I do not have shortness of breath, and my urine output is fine. I get shoulder pain when I breathe deeply, and I feel tired. I got a blood test yesterday, and my neutrophils are 9.68, lymphocytes are 13.10, total...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop Envas (Enalapril) immediately, and check your weight and blood pressure daily. If fever persists, then Dytor plus (Spironolactone and Torasemide)  also needs to be reduced. High creatinine of 1.4 is mostly because of fever, which would settle once the fever goes....  Read Full »

Which medicine can be used to treat fever in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My son's age is 9 months, 12 kg, having fever since yesterday, we have given liquid medicine two times as of now (Paracetamol). After taking the medicine, fever came down and again back to 101 F, can you suggest any other medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we see a rise in body temperature we call it fever. Fever is a symptom and not the diagnosis of a disease. Fever can be caused by various reasons most commonly due to some infections. Fever is the body's response to infections, rise in body temperature, helps prev...  Read Full »

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a...  Read Full »

I have fever inspite of having Paracetamol. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a fever for the past five days 101 to 102. I am taking Paracetamol, but still, fever is there. Yesterday platelet was 119000, and today it is 106000.Eosinophils is 0.6.Absolute neutrophils are 930.Absolute Lymphocyte count is 580.Absolute monocyte count is 50. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to suggest you take antibiotics. You need antibiotic along with other supportive measures. I would like to suggest is, 1) Tablet Mahacef 200 (Cefixime) 1-0-1. 2) Tablet Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) 1-1-1-1. 3) Tablet Pantocid 40 (Pantoprazole) 1-0-0. And also ta...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.