Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Why did my baby suddenly develop red patches on the skin?

Query: Hi doctor, There are sudden red patches on the skin of my 5 months old baby. He had mild fever the previous day and loose motions before that. There is no other noticeable symptom. Crocin and Atarax drops have been given. Same thing happened two days ago and the almost entire upper body had turned r...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem seems to be like either a viral infection or allergy. If fever has subsided, then mostly it is an allergy. If fever is still persistent, then it is infection related rash. You can continue Crocin (Paracetamol) for fever and Atarax (Hydroxyzine) for rash. Al...  Read Full »

Can temporomandibular joint problem occur as radiating pain from ear to teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I developed severe pain in my right jaw that was felt in my ear and bottom teeth. It went away. However, this pain came back and my doctor did a CT scan. Nothing really showed. However, I went to the ENT and even though the scan did not show anything major issues, he looked at the pic...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, temporomandibular joint dysfunction can be diagnosed with CT scan. As you are having severe pain in your right jaw, you can take the medication for the pain and most important is to be cautious while chewing food. I would suggest you to avoid hard food and che...  Read Full »

How to manage common cold in this COVID-19 pandemic period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old. I am a breastfeeding mom to a 5-month-old baby, and I have cold for two days. I just want to be sure that this is just a common cold. I am currently on Biogesic.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any fever? Were you in contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 or other viral fever? Are Biogesics helping? It looks like a common cold by symptoms, and we cannot say because what if you were in contact with someone? Is there any sore throat? Ple...  Read Full »

What caused my face to swell?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only. Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some antihistamine drug ...  Read Full »

What causes pain around the waistline?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tested my blood. It showed iron and vitamin D level as very low and hs-CRP is three times higher than the reference range. I am feeling some niggle or continuous pain in the right-hand side waist for the last eight months, exactly in the area where the belt is getting tightened. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone weakness and that can lead to waist pain. With Vitamin D supplementation, it shall become alright. But, I need to go through the reports before suggesting any medications. Hence, kindly upload the reports. Revert back with the reports t...  Read Full »

What are the medicines used to treat COVID-19?

Query: Hello I need to get supervised on Covid. I have been found positive, taking FabiFlu, atoz tablet, and dolo , I am experiencing fever and cough, is this the right medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. Please share complete details of all your reports and treatments prescribed. Fabiflu (Favipiravir) needs to be taken in appropriate doses (about 122 tablets 200mg each, over upto 14 calendar days) along with other important medicines. Hope you have been prescribed and not sel...  Read Full »

What cause pain in the chest while taking TB treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a stabbing pain in the chest while taking TB treatment with four types of drugs (DOTS) since one and a half months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain can be due to fluid in the pleural space, due to pleurisy or due to a cardiac cause. I suggest you take tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol), twice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines wit...  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat, but the strep test was negative. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Two weeks ago, I developed white patches in the throat. I do not feel a sore throat, but there is slight discomfort, runny nose, and cough. I think it is due to cold. Also, I feel body pain for the past three days. I was tested for strep, and the rapid strep test was negative. The white...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the history and symptoms, a few things come to my list of differential diagnosis. Before that, I would like to know a few things like whether it is associated with difficulty in swallowing, headache, neck stiffness, etc. As you mentioned you have already t...  Read Full »

Treatment for high fever and throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a streptococcal throat infection with a possible tonsillitis if you have difficulty in swallowing as well. High grade fever confirms a bacterial infection and hence, you have to be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics. I do suggest the following medi...  Read Full »

Is Infliximab a safe pregnancy drug?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am currently working in a hospital. I have been diagnosed with psoriatic spondyloarthropathy six years back. I had severe pain in the right SI joint. Currently, I am not taking medicines except NSAIDs. My MRI was done and it showed MRI joint inflammation. I was advis...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Infliximab is a pregnancy category B drug that is it has not shown till now any birth defects in babies in trials. So, it can be used if required. I would not recommend SI joint (sacroiliac joint) radiofrequency at this stage. I would recommend yo...  Read Full »