Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Does the PCV vaccine result in a fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy had his first dose of PCV vaccination. He is suffering from fever now. But, the doctor, who gave vaccination, told me that the PCV vaccine will not cause fever.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two types of PCV available (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine). Painless PCV, which does not cause fever in 99% cases and painful PCV, which is known to cause fever in 70% cases. The cost of painless is more than painful one. Hence, people do not give painless norm...  Read Full »

How to treat my ear bleed with mild pain?

Query: Hello, doctor. I currently have a problem with my left ear right now. And I can't get it checked up due to quarantine, so I may need your assurance. I scratched my ear while I was asleep the other day, surprised to be awaken by a sudden pain inside my ear. It was very painful. I assume it go...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, the way you are describing your ear symptoms it seems like you have just scratched off the skin of your ear canal.. since the skin of the ear canal is very thin it takes time to heal.. when at home please do not use cotton to close the ear canal.. since there is chance of fungal ear infecti...  Read Full »

Does getting hit at the back of the head cause major vision problems?

Query: Hello doctor, Tonight, I was doing sit ups in a group. It was a competition, so we were doing them very quickly. One person was doing them behind me and we did not realize we were in such close proximity and we banged the back of our heads together pretty hard. I am not sure exactly where I got a hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. If you have only localized pain that is a pain in the back of the head where you got hit, then nothing to worry about. You have not lost consciousness also and that is another sign that the hit was not a major one. Regarding loss of vision, tha...  Read Full »

I am bleeding during pregnancy. Could it be due to sexual intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old woman. I am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant as per USG report. Four days ago, I have had a little bleeding with pain. It was mucus type blood and dark brown colored. I went to a local gynecologist for seeking medical treatment. He advised me to take Duphaston 10 mg tablet twi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, any form of bleeding in pregnant state is risky and needs consultation. An ultrasonography is appropriate here, but you need another scan at 7 weeks or 2 weeks later to know whether you are having any viable fetus or not.  Absence of fetal heartbeat or...  Read Full »

When should I have Panadol for migraine headache, before or after food?

Query: Hello doctor, How do I treat a migraine headache? If I take Panadol, but when should I take them? Before lunch or after lunch?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panadol (Paracetamol) has to be taken whenever you get headaches, not daily. Preferably, it should be taken after some food. If your symptoms are troublesome and frequent, say more than twice a week, then you should take regular medication for it. Regular medication ...  Read Full »

Based on the foot X-ray, is my foot fractured?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a fall from a stool almost eight to nine days ago. Since then, I had a foot swelling on the right leg. As I could not get an x-ray at that point of time, it was not diagnosed. I considered it as a sprain and used some natural oil massages and scrape bandage for a while. So, the swel...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a fracture of the base of 5th metatarsal bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not much displaced and so, it can be managed nonoperatively. You will either require a plaster cast or you can wear an Aircast boot. Apply ice packs for now two t...  Read Full »

Why did my baby suddenly develop red patches on the skin?

Query: Hi doctor, There are sudden red patches on the skin of my 5 months old baby. He had mild fever the previous day and loose motions before that. There is no other noticeable symptom. Crocin and Atarax drops have been given. Same thing happened two days ago and the almost entire upper body had turned r...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem seems to be like either a viral infection or allergy. If fever has subsided, then mostly it is an allergy. If fever is still persistent, then it is infection related rash. You can continue Crocin (Paracetamol) for fever and Atarax (Hydroxyzine) for rash. Al...  Read Full »

Can temporomandibular joint problem occur as radiating pain from ear to teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I developed severe pain in my right jaw that was felt in my ear and bottom teeth. It went away. However, this pain came back and my doctor did a CT scan. Nothing really showed. However, I went to the ENT and even though the scan did not show anything major issues, he looked at the pic...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, temporomandibular joint dysfunction can be diagnosed with CT scan. As you are having severe pain in your right jaw, you can take the medication for the pain and most important is to be cautious while chewing food. I would suggest you to avoid hard food and che...  Read Full »

How to manage common cold in this COVID-19 pandemic period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old. I am a breastfeeding mom to a 5-month-old baby, and I have cold for two days. I just want to be sure that this is just a common cold. I am currently on Biogesic.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any fever? Were you in contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 or other viral fever? Are Biogesics helping? It looks like a common cold by symptoms, and we cannot say because what if you were in contact with someone? Is there any sore throat? Ple...  Read Full »

What caused my face to swell?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only. Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some antihistamine drug ...  Read Full »