Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

What is the treatment for the pain in my eye after I got hit by a toy bullet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions. You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to...  Read Full »

I have very bad sinus pressure and a headache. Can it be due to intake of Hydralazine?

Query: Hello doctor, I just started taking Hydralazine 25 mg three times a day yesterday. Today, I started feeling jittery with a very bad sinus pressure and a headache. My blood pressure is down to 115/75 after being at 145/93. My heart rate has increased to 90. I feel very cold like I have a fever, and a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these are the side effects of Hydralazine. In my opinion, 25 mg thrice a day is a high dose.  The tachycardia and dizziness are also because of excess diuresis by Hydralazine. Discuss with your doctor regarding changing the dose to 25 mg once a day. Take plen...  Read Full »

My baby has a steady fever, even after taking Paracetamol. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My four month old baby weighs 7 kg. He has a 100-degree fever since today noon. I had given 4 ml of 125 g Paracetamol syrup. But the temperature is still at 100.   Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue giving the 4 ml Paracetamol syrup, every four to six hours if there is a fever. It will take an hour or two for the temperature to normalize. If fever is nearing 102 F, give Ibuprofen 70 mg. It is most likely to be a viral fever. So, if the baby is a...  Read Full »

My wife's muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast get pulled while moving. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full »

My platelet count is low but tested negative for dengue. Did I test too early?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who weighs 24 kg and 5.3 feet tall. I have had a fever since last week. The fever was between 38 to 40o C. I also had headaches and lower back pain. Today I got tested for dengue, but that was negative. However, on my torso, neck, and face, there are these red r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be dengue or any other viral infection. The presentation of all viral fevers is almost same. And any viral infection can cause low platelets count, and dengue is known for it. During the first 4 to 5 days of fever, dengue NS1 antigen will be positive,...  Read Full »

Why does my 10-week-old baby refuse her feed after vaccination?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 10 weeks old, and I had her vaccinated yesterday (Pentaxim and Hepatitis B). Since the vaccination, she is refusing to breastfeed. She takes a suck and starts crying. Even when I pump and give her milk, she drinks hardly 15 ml and falls asleep. Is it normal? What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pentaxim is Diphtheria vaccine, which causes comparatively less pain and fever. But the same can cause pain and discomfort in few babies. Maybe your baby is having pain and discomfort due to which she is refusing to breastfeed. Sometimes, rotavirus vaccine can also cause ...  Read Full »

Why does my ear remain blocked even after doing septoplasty?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a septoplasty. My problem started two months ago when I had a breathing problem, and my ear was also blocked. I used to have mild pain in my ear. The doctor checked my ear, and he said it is fine. He said that my Eustachian tubes are blocked, and I had a deviated nasal s...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Eustachian tube blockage due to nasal septal deviation may take some time for complete recovery. The tube takes time to decongest, as nasal mucosa takes time to heal. Take an oral decongestant and nasal decongestant drops. Get an impedance audiometry done and send me ...  Read Full »

What causes severe stomach pain with vomiting in a 6-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old boy is suffering from stomach ache. He vomited 2 to 3 times already. He had mangoes yesterday, and today he is having yellow vomiting. I gave him Ondansetron syrup and Cyclopam. The vomiting has stopped now, but he still has the stomach pain. The stomach pain is so seve...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l. Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is suffering from gastroenteritis. I suggest you try giving him the following: Continue Ondansetron syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day. Cyclopam (Paracetamol and Dicyclomine) syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day. Syrup Zenflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), ...  Read Full »

Are alcohol and tablet Tylenol the reason for my elevated liver enzymes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. I had a VSG surgery with gall bladder removal six months ago. My ALT, AST, and ALP were fine and within the normal range during the time of surgery. But my recent blood reports show abnormal values of AST, ALT, and ALP. I have been drinking alcohol every w...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your investigation reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Elevated SGOT (serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) is not a criteria for liver cirrhosis. Chances...  Read Full »

Will swine flu manifest as on and off episodes of fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling feverish since yesterday. My sister is not well, and I was around her during the day. She went to a second doctor after 15 days of sore throat, pain, weakness, vomiting, fever, cough, phlegm, and breathlessness. Her new doctor asked her to do a chest X-Ray and CBC. He s...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since these episodes are noticed after an exposure to a patient, you need to be careful. Flu, which is viral in origin, is very quick to spread. As it is a respiratory infection, it spreads through the air we breathe. I suggest the following:  Tab Dynapar (a combinat...  Read Full »