Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Why does my wife keep coughing at midnight?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife keeps coughing at midnight and has breathing problem sometimes. So, doctor suggested an x-ray. I am attaching the report here for your reference. I tried searching information online and got some details, but want to know the exact cause, stage and treatment. So, please guide me. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be very helpful if you would share how long she has the symptoms of cough. Also, did she have any associated symptoms like fever, body ache? Did they bring up phlegm? Is there any history of weight loss or change in appetite? I assume that your symptom...  Read Full »

My wife's calf pain aggravates at night. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 30 years old, having pain in both legs in the calf area. She is having pain throughout the day, but seems to be aggravated during night. It started two to three weeks back, but it has become severe now. She is also having pain in both heels. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain in both legs could be due to many reasons: Disease of nerves, blood vessels, deficiency of potassium can cause pain in calf and heels. Impaired blood supply to legs can also cause pain in legs. Ot...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a cold, congestion, and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old male who is overweight. Other than being overweight, I am in relatively good health.  I am getting regular health checkup for every six months. Currently, I am taking Triamterene and HCTZ and Simvastatin 20 mg. Recently, I had cold, some respiratory discomfort, c...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your message. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible upper respiratory tract infection. I would suggest you to get an x-ray paranasal (PNS) waters' view and x-ray chest PA (posteroanterior) view. Also, get a complete blood count (CBC). Me...  Read Full »

Do PKD patients have an urge to urinate always?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old. I was born with polycystic kidney disease. When I was 14, I was diagnosed as I was having severe chest pain and dizzy spells. I am currently four months postpartum. Since my son was born I have not been able to use the bathroom as frequently as most. It never caused me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are a patient of polycystic kidney disease, you will be more prone for urinary tract infections, urinary stones or cysts, which could burst and form clots, which can result in obstruction. One cannot be sure unless you get a sonography done. Since you say...  Read Full »

What causes sharp pain near lower abdomen in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 31 years and she is in her sixth month of pregnancy. For past one week, she is feeling mild pain in her left thigh region near to lower abdomen. Yesterday, she experienced sporadically sharp pain especially while she got up from chair in office and difficulty while walking. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be ligament pain. So, she should avoid lifting weights and climbing stairs. For pain, she can apply Volini gel (Diclofenac) and take Paracetamol. But, if pain increases then better to see a doctor. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online...  Read Full »

I have lower right back pain after a fall. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I fell on a wooden set of stairs last night and landed mostly on my right lower back. From the morning, I feel like someone is squeezing my kidney every time I move. The pain is even more severe when I move my right leg. I do not see any blood in my urine and I do not want to go all the w...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry to hear this. As you are telling the pain only when you are moving, it is most likely to be due to some local injury and muscle spasm. If you are getting pain while walking or while sitting on the floor or hard surface then there is a chance of bone injury ei...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat, but the strep test was negative. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Two weeks ago, I developed white patches in the throat. I do not feel a sore throat, but there is slight discomfort, runny nose, and cough. I think it is due to cold. Also, I feel body pain for the past three days. I was tested for strep, and the rapid strep test was negative. The white...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the history and symptoms, a few things come to my list of differential diagnosis. Before that, I would like to know a few things like whether it is associated with difficulty in swallowing, headache, neck stiffness, etc. As you mentioned you have already t...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about 94° F, sore throat and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old male. I have been recently struggling with sickness, yet, I do not know which one. I have 94° F, sore throat, and it hurts while swallowing. I can not breathe without coughing, and I blink a lot. Please give an opinion about my problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, is your temperature reading correct? You have written 94° F that is very low, and we call such low temperature as Hypothermia. If that is your temperature, you need to keep yourself warm. Drink hot coffee or hot soup. As your other symptoms are con...  Read Full »