Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

My legs are itchy with small red dots. Is it due to an insect bite?

Query: Hi doctor, Something appears to have bitten me on my legs. The skin is very red, and when I scratch, the area around it gets small red dots. It is incredibly itchy, and heat makes it worse. When I put ice on it, it feels better. I can feel a tiny lump in the centre of the round red bite, and it pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like some bed bug bitten case. Avoid scratching that area if you develop the itch. I suggest you antihistamine drug like tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice daily for five days and tablet Acenac-P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice daily for five days. Consult...  Read Full »

Can abusing Co-Codamol result in liver damage and upper abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a history of abusing Co-codamol for two years. Often, I took 30/500 mg several times a day. I have some mild right upper quadrant stomach pain for a few weeks after stopping Co-codamol. Before a year, I took an abdominal ultrasound. My liver function test and urinalysis came back wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stopped taking Co-codamol now. It is merely impossible to stop using opioid medicines. After stopping it, it is unlikely to have its effects on the body. You have stomach pain after stopping the medicine. It suggests narcotic bowel syndrome (NBS). In this, ...  Read Full »

I get headaches while attending lectures. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel so tired when I listen to the lecture so that I rarely visit lecture. Also, if I think of something, there is a pain such as headache. I continuously take medicines to a migraine. What am I supposed to do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. Your symptoms of difficulty in paying attention for continuous time span with a long-standing headache in such young age should be taken seriously. I would strongly recommend you to get an MRI brain done. We need to do that to make sure that yo...  Read Full »

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: Hi doctor, My one-year-old son is having fever, cold, and vomiting. He has a temperature of 39 degrees.   Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq/com. If the temperature is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you can give syrup Crocin 125 mg/5 ml 4 ml (Paracetamol) on an SOS (save our soul) basis every four to six hours. If the temperature stays above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for more than three days or if the temperature...  Read Full »

I developed a painful lump at the back of my head after a fall. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I had a fall from the bike, which resulted in bleeding from one of my ears and blood vomit. I was kept in ICU under observation for two days. After that incident, I had developed a small lump on the back of my head. It used to hurt a little when I touch. Since a few months,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. If the lump is getting bigger now, then it is very significant. The symptoms which you said, can be because of the brain fluid getting collected in the lump and so, less fluid in the skull. I would advise you to get a CT scan brain with very th...  Read Full »

Please go through my X-ray and suggest a treatment for my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I was injured while playing volleyball. I ignored the pain around my kneecap at that time, and it was fine after a week. After a year, I started getting sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is like locking the knee joint. The pain becomes severe while riding a bike. There...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no obvious bony injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your ligaments might be a problem while you sustained the trauma. Is there any swelling? If the pain is not coming down or becoming more in spite of treatment, then you need to get an M...  Read Full »

What helps gum pain due to the wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have toothache and gum ache. My lower left jaw is in great pain, as well as upper left region near the wisdom tooth to some extent. I have experienced this pain earlier in the past but it used to fade away within few days. Now I tried to see through the mirror, but I could not see any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) and query. Yes, on the image, it does not seem to be infected. Keep that site clean because that site with gum flap tends to increase food lodgement, so gargle with water aft...  Read Full »

What are the medicines used to treat COVID-19?

Query: Hi doctor, I need to get supervised on COVID-19. I have a positive result and I am taking Fabiflu, Atoz tablet, and Dolo. I am having a fever and cough. Is this the right medicine?   Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly share the complete details of your reports and treatments prescribed. Fabiflu (Favipiravir) should be taken in appropriate doses along with other important medicines. I hope that you have been prescribed and not self-medicating. Kindly share the details to help y...  Read Full »

My neck got swollen after an impacted wisdom tooth infection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an impacted wisdom tooth on my left jaw. I had an infection three months back and now, it returned. My oral surgeon is holding off my surgery until confirmation from a rheumatologist. My infection has returned with tenderness, pain and spasms reaching my ear. They started me on ant...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you say your neck is swollen, the infection must be spreading. You better get admitted and start on IV antibiotics. I suggest Paracetamol with Serratiopeptidase combination twice daily for three days and Pan 40 before food twice daily for three days for reducing pai...  Read Full »

Does Vancomycin increase the body temperature?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby was born before a year at a gestation period of 27 weeks with a weight of 730 grams. She spent all the time in the hospital. Now she is having strange diseases. She has a fever of 38 degrees for almost 25 days. She is given with antibiotic Vancomycin. Her temperature gets raised ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the query and I understand your concern. If your baby is active, feeding well, gaining weight, and passing urine well, then your baby can have antibiotic fever as your baby was taking antibiotics for a very long period. There is nothing to be worried abou...  Read Full »