Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

What is your opinion about 94° F, sore throat and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old male. I have been recently struggling with sickness, yet, I do not know which one. I have 94° F, sore throat, and it hurts while swallowing. I can not breathe without coughing, and I blink a lot. Please give an opinion about my problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, is your temperature reading correct? You have written 94° F that is very low, and we call such low temperature as Hypothermia. If that is your temperature, you need to keep yourself warm. Drink hot coffee or hot soup. As your other symptoms are con...  Read Full »

Can Paracetamol and Ibuprofen cause neutropenia in children?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-month-old baby had a viral infection with roseola infantum. It started fever 38.5 degrees and 39 degrees measured rectally on the second day treated with Ibuprofen 3.5 ml and Paracetamol (Panadol) 4 ml administrated after 6 hours (almost three days of treatment). The third day, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The low count may be because of the disease process and less likely the Paracetamol or Ibuprofen. Another reason can also be the way the sample was collected (although I am not very sure about it). Do not worry about it if the child is currently fine. However, I would a...  Read Full »

Why do my reports show low hemoglobin and high platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor,My platelet count is going higher and hemoglobin is getting low. I feel sick. My report showed platelet count 5,85,000 and Hb 10.6. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Mild bleeding or ongoing inflammation could be a cause. Any blood in stools or tarry stools or if there is any fever, then it requires evaluation. You need to check ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and C-reactiv...  Read Full »

Can Crocin be taken for fever?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 3 years and 11 months old. She is suffering from a fever since last night. The temperature was between 101 and 102 F. She has been given three doses of Crocin suspension DS today and right now she has a 99.8 F fever after giving sponge. There are no other symptoms. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your clinical history, your child is suffering from fever since one day. Generally, the fever is seasonal and does not require any workup. Do give some antipyretics like Paracetamol to bring down the temperature. Do a cold sponging of the forehead...  Read Full »

Is Paracetamol safe for breastfeeding mothers?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 32 years old. We have a 5 month old baby girl. My wife is still feeding our baby. From yesterday, my wife has a fever, cold and throat infection. Can she take Paracetamol? Will it affect baby in any way? My wife's temperature is 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit is regarded as fever and not below that. Baby is supposed to be breastfed at all times. However, if the mother is suffering from a disease, it is advised for her to wear a mask and feed. Because, that is the route b...  Read Full »

Can wisdom teeth cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, red tonsil and entire jaw and neck pain. My wisdom tooth also paining for the last two to three months. When I visited an ENT doctor for my throat pain, he said that I do not have any problem inside the neck. He also advised me to visit a dentist. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain, which is present due to wisdom tooth, must be ruled out earlier by consulting a dentist. Because in this case, physical examination and x-ray are necessary. So, consu...  Read Full »

My wrist is swollen and getting worse without any injury. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wrist has been hurting a lot for the past week, despite me never sustaining an injury. I went to A and E where one doctor said it was broken but when I went to fracture clinic the next day other doctor said it was fine and sent me home. It is only getting worse and even more swolle...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain around your wrist region for a week without any history of injury to the affected area. Anyways the pictures which you have sent me to show that there is a bit of swelling around the wrist region, but x-rays are required, and clinical images alo...  Read Full »

I am allergic to cold air. Is there any special mask or medication that helps to stay in cold air?

Query: Hello doctor,I have cold air allergy problem. I cannot stay in an AC environment, like airport, theaters, restaurant, buses, even if I cover my mouth and ear. If I wait for a few hours, I get a cough and feel unwell. If I stay more, then I get a headache. I have been taking medicines which includes ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do precisely your symptoms are? Do you have any nasal problem or breathing trouble, any wheezing? Do you get the same sign when you get exposed to smoke or dust? Since when are you having the symptoms. Have you taken any inhalers and if so have you found relief...  Read Full »

Can I take Mobizox for foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric ...  Read Full »

Can low iron cause fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My present symptoms are feeling weak and unable to walk or stand continuously for a few minutes. My Hb% is 9 and I am anemic. I also have fever for one week and taking Oritaxim-O 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your complaints, your weakness is due to anemia. You have iron deficiency anemia after looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you need to take Iron supplements for three months. I suggest tablet Bizfer-XT for three months. ...  Read Full »