Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

Can abusing Co-Codamol result in liver damage and upper abdominal pain?

Query: I have had a history for 2 years of abusing co-codamol. Often taking 4x 30/500mg several times a day. I have some mild right upper quadrant pain that’s persevered for a few weeks after stopping all cocodomol use. Over the last year I’ve had abdominal al ultrasounds, many liver function t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. First of all I give you a vote of appreciation that you were able to stop using co codamol. For chronic users of these opioid medicines, it is merely impossible to stop. Well once you stopped taking these medicines, it is unlikely that the effect will remain with...  Read Full »

How to treat severe hip pain during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 14 weeks pregnant.¬†Since yesterday night, she has been suffering with severe left hip pain. She is unable to stand, sit and walk comfortably. It started with mild pain before a month. The pain seems to be unbearable. I have applied the pain reliever cream and spray, but it did...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your wife is pregnant, kindly visit an orthopedic surgeon for clinical evaluation as the condition can be due to multiple reasons ranging from vitamin D deficiency to transient osteoporosis of hip or referred pain from the pelvis. Do not expose your wife to x-ra...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain near my second molar with redness and pain in gingiva?

Query: Hello doctor, I had pain in my second molar. I felt the pain in my wisdom tooth last week then the pain fades away after 3-5 minutes. I thought it will not come back but then it happens recently then the gums in my second right molar teeth have the red lining and it always hurts when I eat or drink...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am sorry for your inconvenience with the tooth. As an expert in this field, I know what is exactly wrong. Nothing to worry it is your third molar. What happens during erupting third molars or partially erupted third molars is the gum b...  Read Full »

Will frequent head bath cause tiredness with mild headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been feeling a little tired and only right or center part of my forehead hurts. No fever but sometimes I get mucus from the throat. This is happening form yesterday. Can this because of frequent showers? Each time I go outside the house to buy something, I get paranoid and take co...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the history you have given, the problem you have can because of the frequent showers. Kindly avoid going out and take bath frequently. I would suggest a short course of antibiotics with supportive measures. Take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic aci...  Read Full »

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: 1 yr old son has fever and cold for 3x day he is also vomiting. Temp 39.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: If temperature is 100 F or more, you can give syrup crocin (125 mg/5 ml) 4 ml sos 4 to 6 hourly. If temperature stays above 100 F for more than 3 days or if temperature crosses 103 F, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based as per physic...  Read Full »

What could cause a sore throat with redness and white spot?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having a sore throat. As I checked, it is a bit red and saw a white dot. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nicole Taleon

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for attaching a photo because that really helps. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your throat does appear red but your tonsils do not appear swollen so it is unlikely to be tonsillitis. Most of the time this is just due to a viral infecti...  Read Full »

How to cure moderate to severe daily migraine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have migraines daily for the past two months. It gets controlled with painkillers and worsens with movement. Other than that no other symptoms (like dizziness or vomiting) are present. The pain is usually moderate to severe, sometimes one-sided and sometimes full head pain. I am tak...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that considering your aggravated situation, it would be reasonable to start preventive therapy for migraine. In this regard, I would recommend starting Topiramate 50 mg twice daily (it is recommended starting 25 mg daily ...  Read Full »

Based on the X-ray, how severe is my wife's wrist injury?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 42 years old. She is feeling pain in the right wrist while moving the palm laterally outward. The movement gets somewhat obstructed slightly and it is not smooth. This has been started after an occasion when she tried to pull or carry one heavy bag a week ago. X-ray has been don...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your clinical history and x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is actually no obvious fracture, which is visible. Also, I need to see clinically the site of maximum pain, so it will be helpful for me to better understand...  Read Full »

Will a simple painkiller help in shoulder and gallstone pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 59 years old. She has gallstone and she was supposed to have cholecystectomy but was postponed due to quarantine. Last month was the supposed schedule and that time the size of the stone in her gall bladder was 3 cm. Now she is experiencing increased pain on her right shoul...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will help you with your problem. Gall stone surgery is not emergency surgery. It should be done in an emergency if there is gall bladder perforation or malignancy. In your case, the stone size is large, and with the age of the patient malignancy is ruled out. I wi...  Read Full »

What could be the swelling behind the ear of a kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby has a bump behind her ear and head. I searched it online and found it as lymph node. I do not know what exactly it is but she is so irritated and she has a fever, I do not know what to do. Please help. She is only 1 year old and I am giving her Tempra.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are absolutely right, these are lymph nodes. Everyone has it but due to so many different reasons, they become a bit enlarged and can be felt. If they are not increasing in size, and not painful on touch along with a normal skin over it, then not to worry. It does n...  Read Full »