Paracetamol

Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen is a medicine used to treat fever and pain. It is used in combination with other drugs to relieve cold.

What helps gum pain due to the wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have toothache and gum ache. My lower left jaw is in great pain, as well as upper left region near the wisdom tooth to some extent. I have experienced this pain earlier in the past but it used to fade away within few days. Now I tried to see through the mirror, but I could not see any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) and query. Yes, on the image, it does not seem to be infected. Keep that site clean because that site with gum flap tends to increase food lodgement, so gargle with water aft...  Read Full »

What medication should I give for my 3-year-old with stomach ache, fever, cold and tooth pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and weighs about 12 kg. She is experiencing stomach ache, fever, cold, toothache, and sometimes cough (not all the time). Her stool is watery, but she only did her bowel movement once since this morning. What will we do? What medicine should I give? Please r...  Read Full »

Dr. Oliver Chiapco

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stomach ache could be from the fact that she has a watery stool. This could be a sign of developing gastroenteritis. No specific medication here. Just make sure she takes small sips of water or Gatorade to keep her hydrated. Try to feel her abdomen in different a...  Read Full »

My son has fever and vomited his malaria medicine. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son (2 years 8 months) was hospitalized due to fever along with a sand paper kind of rashes in the body for four days. He was suspected of dengue and the initial blood test showed IgG positive. Herewith I am attaching the discharge summary and all other reports. After getting discharge...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children vomit after giving malaria medication (Chloroquine). If the child has vomited the medicine immediately after consumption that dose is missed. Hence, it should be repeated. I suggest syrup Emeset (Ondansetron) half an hour before giving the medication....  Read Full »

My 6-year-old daughter has a fever with cough. How to help her?

Query: Hi doctor, My 6 year old daughter was having fever since last night. Fever was between 100 and 101 degrees Fahrenheit. Initially, baby felt cold and her feet were cold as well. But, later on even the feet became hot. I administered syrup Calpol 5 mL once at 10 PM. Child's weight is around 34 kg, sli...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would suggest you to continue giving Paracetamol every 4 to 6 hours for at least two to three days irrespective of fever. As her weight is 34 kg, I would suggest you increase the dose to 7.5 mL of 250mg per 5 mL suspension. Generally, viral fe...  Read Full »

Why is my kid's fever not subsiding even after giving antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and weighs about 15 kg. She has a fever for almost a week. So today, we did a blood test for dengue, malaria, and platelet count. It is almost six days since she is suffering from a high fever. We went to a doctor, and he prescribed Ibugesic plus and antibiot...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through her CBC (complete blood count) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be within the normal limits. Mild anemia with Hb (hemoglobin) of 10.5 is noted, which does not require any treatment. It can be corrected with an ...  Read Full »

Why do I get lightheadedness and dizziness after stopping Progesterone pills?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have mild polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and possible endometriosis. I was put on a Progesterone only pill for the past six months, and I thought I was getting more headaches. So my gynecologist advised me to stop for two weeks. Since coming off the pill, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Firstly, I must compliment you for analyzing your problem and arriving at a likely solution. Yes, you are right. Maybe your body has developed some dependency on Slynd. But there can be other reasons too like...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling weak with pain in legs and arms after having a ovarian cyst?

Query: I am feeling very week and unable to do daily works. Pain in arms and legs. hand are not gripping. Before 8 months, an extraordinary mass with fluid of 16cm was detected in my abdomen near uterus and ovaries. CT SCAN AND FNAC tests done and I take medicine about two months. in last ultrasound done b...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq I hope You are doing well. I understand your concern. You had an ovarian cyst, you have done FNAC and took some medications. I didn't get information about whether it was operated and removed, like to know more. I also needed information regarding what medication apart from...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get relief from headaches and double vision.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having headache and double vision. My body is vibrating. I am feeling sad and could not concentrate on anything for the past 15 days. Since a few days, I feel like vomiting and heartburn after having food. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Persistent headache and double vision are symptoms which need further work-up. For other symptoms I can suggest medicines. I suggest you tablet Fluoxetine 10 mg at bedtime and continue for six weeks. This is for sad feeling and concentration problem. Tablet Paracetamol 65...  Read Full »

How to get rid of fever, body pain, and headache?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past four days, I have body ache, headache and 102 degrees Fahrenheit fever. I am taking Augmentin 375 thrice a day and Paracetamol every three to four hours. Fever comes down to 100, but again increases to 102 once the effect of Paracetamol gets over. I feel so weak. Please sugg...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having fever for three to four days and not having any improvement, then do one blood test CBC with MP (complete blood count with metabolic panel) and one urine routine test. From history it looks like you have viral fever. If the platelet count is low in...  Read Full »

Does the PCV vaccine result in a fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy had his first dose of PCV vaccination. He is suffering from fever now. But, the doctor, who gave vaccination, told me that the PCV vaccine will not cause fever.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two types of PCV available (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine). Painless PCV, which does not cause fever in 99% cases and painful PCV, which is known to cause fever in 70% cases. The cost of painless is more than painful one. Hence, people do not give painless norm...  Read Full »