6. Some physician used it with Metronidazole three days suppository continuous, and then once a week for a few weeks.
7. I used to advice hygienic precautions, use of condoms at sex to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted disease, soft, comfortable undergarments, sitz baths recurrently in a day, avoiding overtreatment, avoiding local cosmetics, use of water and soft razor (to remove hairs) only, etc.
8. I am recommending complete treatment of any health issue that patient have like diabetes as these also increase chances of infection.
9. I used to give Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and Metronidazole 400 mg 8 hourly for 10 to 14 days along with Canesten vaginal pessary (Clotrimazole) on two alternate nights.
10. So I rarely recommend my patient boric acid as it is not useful for the patient with first time felt infection.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.