Q. Have taken Flagyl for Bacterial Vaginosis, Still have some itching. Why?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am a 35 year old female. I had vaginal discharge. When I took Flagyl for BV, it cleared. So, I do not think it as an STI. Am I right?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Bacterial vaginosis can occur with or without intercourse and is not considered as STI (sexually transmitted infection).

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes

The odor and discharge have cleared, but I still have some itching. Can this be a side effect of Flagyl? I have been out of mind with worry as it may be herpes because there is a little bit of redness.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Finish the course of Flagyl for five to seven days. Do not use any douche.
  • I suggest you take probiotics and apply antifungal cream as sometimes super imposed infection occurs.
  • If you do not get better, then will need a medical check.

|