Bariatric Surgery

Are my reports all right after bariatric surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I had gastric sleeve surgery around 1.5 years ago. I have lost around 55 kg till now and now, my weight is 68 kg. I have not followed the dietary recommendations and vitamin and calcium supplements prescribed by the doctor for quite a long time. Now, I am in poor...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My first step is to congratulate you for a definite action towards your health as the bariatric surgery. Also, you have achieved a great weight reduction with it which needs appreciation too. I understand that you have not been following the diet and just accept the fa...  Read Full »

How to correct skin sagging following bariatric sleeve surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gone through the bariatric sleeve surgery before three years. Now,  my stomach skin is sagging. Please advise me what to do.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have gone for bariatric surgery, I just want to elaborate the things for better understanding. Skin has to stretch as we move and grow. In the case of weight loss surgery skin shrink and sagged since skin is a incredibly elastic living organ. Attend to your hydr...  Read Full »

Can liposuction be done for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am planning to go for liposuction to lose weight. My weight is 78 kg and height is 5'3". Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Amar Vennapusa

Bariatric Surgery, Metabolic Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your calculated body mass index (BMI) is 30.4 kg/m2. Generally we perform bariatric surgery to achieve permanent weight loss for any patient whose BMI is 30 kg/m2 or above. Liposuction is not a treatment option for weight loss. It is a cosmetic procedure for body shapin...  Read Full »

Is it safe to get endoscopic bariatric surgery for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor,I am considering an endoscopic bariatric stomach surgery procedure for weight loss. It is called the accordion procedure, which has only been around for about five years. Do you think such a method done on a stomach is safe long-term? Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. The Accordion procedure is an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty. It has been around for some time; a few case series and related data are available. It is useful in helping in weight reduction up to 17-23 % weight loss in six months with no...  Read Full »

Can bariatric surgery be repeated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and for which I am taking Thyroxine 175 mcg daily. My height is 5'10" and my current weight is 127 kg. Two years ago, I had sleeve gastrectomy and lost only 20 kg. The surgeon now advised me to get gastric bypass surgery. But I am not...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the reports (attachment removed to protect identity). Your testosterone level is normal. Though on the lower side of the normal range, there is nothing needs to be done to increase testosterone. There are medications to increase testostero...  Read Full »

Kindly give suggestions to reduce weight.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and my weight is 250 pounds. I have attached the other details. I need suggestions to reduce weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the stress you would have due to increased body weight and difficulty in losing it, after going through the attached details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 48. BMI is nothing but a derived value from the wei...  Read Full »

Why are my skin holes getting bigger after fat loss therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, After fat loss therapy, my skin holes are getting bigger. Also, I am losing my skin color now. I would like to know whether the machine is stuck to the body. What is the reason for this problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions, it seems that you had undergone bariatric surgery or vibration plate machines to dissolve the fats. In the case of weight loss surgery, the skin shrinks and sagged since skin is an elastic living organ. Because of the loss of elasticity, the skin...  Read Full »

Is it safe to go under anesthesia if I have bifascicular bundle block?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years male. I have a BMI of 33. I have bifascicular bundle block. I take Salbutamol and Fluticasone (Relvar) puffers for asthma, which is lifelong. I have seen my GP and my cardiologist and been cleared for bariatric (gastric band) surgery next week, in order to expedite some ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Kumar Kolla Gopalkrishna

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Bifasicular block is commonly RBBB (right bundle branch block) with left or right axis deviation. I need to explain to you that patients with this block are safe to undergo anesthesia. I would have been happy if an ECG was attached. If LBBB (left bundle branch b...  Read Full »

I am facing mild jaundice and loose motions after bariatric surgery. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 47 years old, female. I have undergone bariatric surgery five months ago. Now, I am suffering from mild jaundice (total bilirubin 1.5 mg/dl) and mild typhoid too. I have been facing non stop loose motion since last two weeks. I have seen the doctor. They have prescribed me the followi...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your bilirubin level looks fine. Not so worrisome and does not require any acute measure. Regarding the loose stools, it will take time to settle. Meanwhile, you have to be very cautious to avoid dehydration and electrolyte disturbances from loose stools. Keep yourse...  Read Full »

Can robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy be done on obese patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is obese and requires a robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy. I am worried about his weight 294, height 71 inches and how pneumoperitoneum may affect him during surgery. Currently, he is on Lisinopril 10 mg. There is a possibility of RCC on left kidney 2.5 cm.  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Kumar Kolla Gopalkrishna

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your query that you are very worried. It is a major surgery. Hence, all the required guidelines will be followed, at this juncture, I like to know more about your husband habits. Does he smoke? If he smokes, how many in a day? If he does not smoke then...  Read Full »