Bedsore

Please suggest a medicine for muscle stiffness, apart from Baclofen.

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is without ventilator support since 40 days and his tracheostomy has also removed five days back. Without any life support system, he is currently breathing by himself for last 7-8 days with saturation level 100% on air. Past four days he is able to keep his eyes open for few minu...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed information. I am happy to see your father improve gradually. Here is what I suggest. There is no other medicine for stiffness. However, physiotherapy should be carried out aggressively to prevent worsening of stiffness. One should rul...  Read Full »

Is herpes zoster dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother was diagnosed to have herpes zoster. Also, her doctor says that the herpes has caused ulcers. I would like to know in how much time it will heal? Is herpes zoster a dangerous one?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you know, Herpes zoster is a viral infection. It takes 7 to 10 days for the lesions to heal. But, in patients who are diabetic, old age, secondarily infected and with an incomplete antiviral dose or seropositive it can take up to 15 days to get cured. In elderl...  Read Full »

My grandma is on bed rest. Her lower back is red and painful. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother suffered a fall in the bathroom one month back. She is 91 now. Following the fall, she developed a vertebral compression fracture. She has been on bed rest for the last few weeks and now developed redness and pain in the lower back area. Kindly advice on treatment includin...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is a grade 2 bed sore. Prevent further damage by turning the side of the patient every two hours from side to side. This is to be done only after approval of spine specialist as she...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for quadriplegia?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66 year old dad got traumatic quadriplegia after a road traffic accident. He underwent cervical decompression and laminectomy. There is a little improvement in his hands, neck, and shoulder movements. But, his legs are not moving at all. Will he ever be able to move his legs again...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no doubt that your dad needs constant care and assistance in his daily living and no guarantee can be given regarding his recovery. However, many patients do recove...  Read Full »

My brother became paraplegic after he met with an accident. Can it be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother met with an accident while riding his bike. His D4 and D5 vertebra got fractured and he is not able to move due to loss of sensation from the upper part of the abdomen. The doctor said that he is suffering from paraplegia due to complete damage to the main spinal cord nerve,...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, natural body healing is the only way at present for paraplegia and spinal cord recovery. The only things that we can do are as follows. Surgery is done to give the spinal cord the space to heal and prevent any further damage from the vertebrae. Physiotherapy to mobili...  Read Full »