Q. My reports showed thick-walled, sludge-filled gallbladder. Kindly advise.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am a 19-year-old girl, weighing 151 pounds. I had gallbladder disease. I got to know three months back. The reports showed a thick-walled, non-functioning and sludge-filled gallbladder. The size of the gallbladder is 5.1×2.2 mm. I got my tests done again last month and it says that the gallbladder is same sized, no stone or pericholecystic fluid. Currently, I am on homeopathic medicines. Previously, I used to have Nexum and Librax. I have also got my ultrasound done.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

#

You had sludge in the gallbladder and now it is not seen. In gallbladder disease, symptoms are more important. So, if you do not have any symptoms then there is nothing to worry. But if you have symptoms, then I would like to repeat ultrasound after few months. Sludge is the initial form of a stone which means it can turn out to be a stone in future. So, kindly mention your symptoms.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

My ultrasound was normal, but I have excruciating lower abdominal pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old woman. I have been having excruciating pain in my right abdominal area, below my right breast. The pain travels to my back and gets unbearable at times. I have been throwing up today, and my temperature is low since the past five days. This has been going on for a...  Read Full »

Considering my cardiac health, should I get operated for gallbladder stones?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old female, who weighs 78 kg. I have multiple stones in the gallbladder. And my vomits are greenish or yellowish in color. Once, I threw up brownish vomit, which my doctor said is blood, due to repeated vomiting. The gastric pipe gets torn and abraded a little, and ...  Read Full »

My CT scan reported multiple cysts in gallbladder. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, Suddenly, I had an intense stomach pain. As per recommendation, I had a CT scan and other tests were carried out. It reported small multiple calculi with biliary sludge in the gallbladder. Jaundice is also high. My stomach pain, headache, body pain and vomiting is happening regularly. I h...  Read Full »