Q. My reports showed thick-walled, sludge-filled gallbladder. Kindly advise.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am a 19-year-old girl, weighing 151 pounds. I had gallbladder disease. I got to know three months back. The reports showed a thick-walled, non-functioning and sludge-filled gallbladder. The size of the gallbladder is 5.1×2.2 mm. I got my tests done again last month and it says that the gallbladder is same sized, no stone or pericholecystic fluid. Currently, I am on homeopathic medicines. Previously, I used to have Nexum and Librax. I have also got my ultrasound done.

#

You had sludge in the gallbladder and now it is not seen. In gallbladder disease, symptoms are more important. So, if you do not have any symptoms then there is nothing to worry. But if you have symptoms, then I would like to repeat ultrasound after few months. Sludge is the initial form of a stone which means it can turn out to be a stone in future. So, kindly mention your symptoms.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|