Bipolar I And Ii

How to help my brother with his negative thoughts and aggressive behavior?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 27 years old. From the last 10-15 days, he is talking too much which is completely opposite of his introvert behavior. He is talking negatively and aggressively. He is not even ready to show to any doctor and strongly condemns showing to a psychiatrist and says will heal...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Your brother may have either schizophrenia or bipolar type 1 disorder (mania). If he is consuming any substance (alcohol or drugs) then substance may also cause the above symptoms. I am sorry to say that it is difficult ...  Read Full »

Please help me understand a bipolar with a strip club addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to understand a bipolar with a massive strip club addiction. He is in debt, it is ruining his life and every relationship. He lies about it and his debt to everyone. They call and text him. What is in it for him? Is it just sexual impulse, is it for attention or contr...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you seem to be concerned about this guy. Let us name him Mr.X. As you mentioned in the treatment history, he has been diagnosed with bipolar illness type 1, with a few episodes having psychotic features. Let me tell you, it is reall...  Read Full »

How do you identify people on the bipolar spectrum?

Query: Hi doctor,How to diagnose and treat bipolar II? How is it different from bipolar I? How do you identify people on the bipolar spectrum? What are the biggest misconceptions about Bipolar II? Is it the same thing as bipolar depression? Kindly explain me.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Alike any psychiatric disorders, diagnosis of bipolar disorder is completely based on the history. This is elaborated from the patient, family members, colleagues and significant others. There are set of symptoms and the history need to suggest the presence of a cert...  Read Full »