Q. Kindly guide me about the difference between birth control and combined contraceptive pills.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I had a question about birth control for acne. I was initially on Tri-sprintec. However, that did not help my acne. My doctor initially prescribed my YAZ. I was wondering if I should just stop birth control altogether or give Lo-Lo a try. What is the difference between birth controls and how that would help or hurt me? The last thing I want is more breakouts.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Birth control contraceptive pills are hormonal pills that help to prevent conception by interfering with the normal menstrual cycle and inhibits ovulation, conception, fertilization, and implantation. These pills are hormonal contraceptive pills that have generalized as well as a specific short and long term effects on the body but it differently affects different individuals.

Combined oral contraceptives are composed of two hormones mostly and can give unscheduled bleeding, acne, mood variation, breast engorgement, endometrial hyperplasia, headache, stroke, high BP, stroke, endometrial hyperplasia, breast, and endometrial cancer as long-term. All side-effects cannot be for all patients so side effects differ from person to person.

For removal of hairs or reduce their growth or for better skin better to have local treatment mostly natural and herbal remedies along with a reduction in weight, balanced diet (more fruits, vegetables, and water). Have waxing with honey and ginger paste. Have threading for face hairs, plucking for arms and forearms or electrical removal. You can have a mud mask to reduce oil production of face that is the main cause of acne. After some time, acne is supposed to be resolved after teenage actually.

Have a balanced diet and try to avoid oil, spice, salt, and sugar. Have daily walk, exercise, yoga and try to have normal BMI. Try to change contraception frequently to reduce their side effects. For now, you can have injection Medroxyprogesterone for three months.

Contraceptive with acne.

Injection Medroxyprogesterone for 3+3 months, then change contraception mode.

A balanced diet, weight, BMI. Waxing, threading, plucking of unwanted hair. Mud mask for face oil.

| 

Can birth control cause white milky discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female and I was on the birth control pill Aviane for almost two years. I never had any negative symptoms and had an overall good experience but I decided to stop taking it after ending my relationship because I would no longer be sexually active. About four weeks a...  Read Full »

I skipped my birth control pill and started spotting. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, I went abroad a few days after my period ended. I start birth control on the last day or the day after the last usually. On the second day of my vacation, I started spotting and that has lasted till now. It has been about 10 days. I have been taking my birth control throughout. I only jus...  Read Full »