Q. I did not have periods for four months and bleeding now with clots. Why?

I had sex before five months, but then I got my periods after 15 days. Then, I had no periods for the next four months. I had Femilon as a birth control medicine. Now, I have periods where large flesh like thing is coming out. A piece of it is still stuck in my vagina, and I am not able to pull it out. Please let me know what is it and how it can be taken out. I also have PCOD problem.

#

• Femilon is a combined oral contraceptive pill and hence, does not cause amenorrhea. But, you should ideally get menses during the sugar pill days.
  • However, if no menses, then chances are there that you may have become pregnant, which I believe you did not rule out earlier.
  • It is recommended that you should get an ultrasound transvaginal done to check for endometrial thickness and also to rule out any retained products of conception if the serum beta hCG test (human chorionic gonadotropin) turns out to be positive as on today.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had periods after sex. Now, I have periods and flesh like a thing is stuck, which I can see and feel during washing. I just want to know whether I am normal or anything serious.

#

• If you did not give a break between Femilon pills, then likely that you had continuous amenorrhea and hence, heavy menses is expected.
  • But, something stuck in vagina indicates a possibility of a placental membrane and this may be a miscarriage where menses four months back could be an implantation bleed or threatened miscarriage.
  • It is important that a serum beta hCG test and an ultrasound pelvis be done to be on a safer and clearer side.

|