Bladder Cancer

Is hematuria associated with bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old female. Three months back, I started to have frequent urination and a heavy feel in the lower abdomen during urination after sex. I had gross hematuria after urination three times. I consulted a doctor and she gave me tablet Fosfomycin for two days. I took it immediate...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an unlikely chance to have bladder cancer considering your age and your symptoms do not associate with cancer. Bladder cancer occurs in aged peoples having prolonged smoking habits with painless hematuria. Your symptoms are related to infection and cystitis...  Read Full »

What are the warning signs of bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,My father found out he has bladder cancer. It was confirmed today with a scope. The doctor said most tumors look like polyps, but in his case, it was different in shape. I have attached an image of what my dad said it looked like when he glanced at it. The doctor also said it looks pretty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for consulting. This picture shows classical, transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Management is by resection and staging CT scan, then the decision on the treatment can be taken. Bladder...  Read Full »

Kindly examine my father's biopsy report and suggest a treatment plan.

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing on behalf of my father, who is 64 years old. He is a diabetic patient, but his diabetes is completely under control. A few weeks before, he found some blood coming out along with his urine. He consulted a few doctors and went under some tests. He was found to have a tumor in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the biopsy is showing high grade tumor and involves muscularis propria, this makes a T2 stage. The latest guideline suggests a Cisplatin based chemotherapy followed by radical cystectomy (bladder removal). Pelvic node dissection should be done even if CT scan did no...  Read Full »

Does getting a few drops of blood while urinating with no pain need physician examination?

Query: Hello doctor, I use toilet paper to soak up excess urine after going to the bathroom. I run my finger along the base of my penis to help get out the excess after the stream ends. The last couple of times, I noticed some droplets of blood on the toilet paper. The urine itself was not red or discolor...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age which is key. It looks like you are doing urethral milking which is usually adviced for post-void dribble. I suspect it is because of your age, which would mean you are above 50 at least. Anyway, blood per urethra is not normal and...  Read Full »

In an ultrasound, what does SOL mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 63 years old. He is a diabetic patient and currently under diabetic medication. Now, he found blood in urine. His USG showed SOL in a urinary bag and it was measured about 44 mm x 22 mm. Please help me to understand what it is.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. SOL in bladder (space-occupying lesion) means a bladder growth. Most of the times, the bladder growth will be malignant. So, your father needs early evaluation and treatment for his bladder growth. Based on CT scan and bladder biopsy, further treatment can be decided. F...  Read Full »

What is an opacity on the bladder?

Query: Hi doctor,What is an opacity on the bladder? My husband had kidney stones, recurrent urine infections and minimal blood in urine. He had antibiotics and it got cured. He had a scan and was told that opacity on the bladder. When we consulted a doctor, she said that the report is very vague. Another d...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the apprehension. Ideally, one cannot comment on opacity while doing an ultrasound scan. The opacity is actually a labelled hyperechoic in the true sense. Any hyperechoic shadow on the ultrasound scan may depict the presence of calcium, foreign body or a ...  Read Full »

Biopsy report shows carcinoma of urinary bladder. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, This is the biopsy test report of my father which we received today. Please suggest what treatment should be done. Clinical findings: Multiple papillary tumors in the bladder. Clinical diagnosis: T.C.C urinary bladder. Tissue forwarded: TURBT. Macroscopy: Gray white tissue bit t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report is showing transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of the urinary bladder (cancer of urinary bladder). In biopsy report, there is no comment on muscle involvement. That means we need to know whether the tumor is superficial or deep (involving muscle) also. They ...  Read Full »

I have a small mass in my bladder. Other than cancer, could it be anything else?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the doctor last week after I got my period 10 days early. I was worried because I have had a history of cervical dysplasia. My pap smear came back normal but my doctor wanted me to have an ultrasound just to be sure. Everything came back fine except for a small mass of 1.3 cm on...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Bladder mass of 1.3 cm needs cystoscopy biopsy and resection transurethrally.A solitary mass papillary may turn out to be a very mild tumor. All bladder tumors are of different biological behavior. The things will become more clear only after biopsy report.Such tumor, whic...  Read Full »

From my father's reports, could you advise the next step of treatment for bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,My father, who is 72, was diagnosed with bladder tumor a month ago when he went to the local doctor for the treatment of blood drops in the urine. I have attached the diagnosis report for your reference. The doctors advised to operate it as soon as possible, and the operation took place 10...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of high-grade TCC (transitional cell carcinoma) with large tumor with muscle invasion is not a good tumor. At this stage, we need to do a metastatic evaluation to rule out any distant spread of this tumor. Hopin...  Read Full »