Q. My fiancee had period like bleeding after first-time sex. Can you explain why?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

Hello doctor,

About eight months back I got intimate with my fiancee. As it was her first time having intercourse, I penetrated her very slowly. Afterward, I noticed small spots of blood on the head of my penis.  After she went home, she rang me to say she was bleeding so much, she had to use a sanitary napkin. She said there was quite a lot of bleeding, just like her period. Can you please explain this phenomenon in detail?

#

• Sometimes tears in vagina due to tight introitus can also cause bleeding. Rarely it may require suturing to stop the bleeding.
  • Another possibility is that she had been menstruating when you had sex and the stains were due to menstrual blood.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|