Q. My fiancee had period like bleeding after first-time sex. Can you explain why?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jul 10, 2017

Hello doctor,

About eight months back I got intimate with my fiancee. As it was her first time having intercourse, I penetrated her very slowly. Afterward, I noticed small spots of blood on the head of my penis.  After she went home, she rang me to say she was bleeding so much, she had to use a sanitary napkin. She said there was quite a lot of bleeding, just like her period. Can you please explain this phenomenon in detail?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Sometimes tears in vagina due to tight introitus can also cause bleeding. Rarely it may require suturing to stop the bleeding.
  • Another possibility is that she had been menstruating when you had sex and the stains were due to menstrual blood.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Does stress affect my menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted with you the last time whether I can be pregnant as I had sex with my partner on the eighth day of my period and we used condoms as protection. You told that I would not get pregnant. Today I am on the fifth day of my period. On the first two days, the bleeding was no...  Read Full »