Q. Why am I having nosebleeds and dryness?

I am a female, 22 years old, 110 pounds (50 kg), and height 160 cm. I rarely have nosebleeds, but I had one two days back and again this morning. It woke me up before work. The last lasted for 10 minutes (it seemed like a normal nosebleed). The one this morning lasted around 45 minutes and I have felt a trickle of blood going down my throat all day. I do feel dry (weather). I am not taking medications, except for iron pills (I have an iron deficiency).

#

Mostly the bleeds are due to dryness. Since you have iron deficiency you must be more careful. To stop nosebleeds pinch the nose for three minutes gently so that it gets occluded. Apply ice packs in either side of nose while keeping your nose pinched. Elevate head end of bed in night while sleeping.

Check your vitals and BP (blood pressure) should not be high. To prevent this apply some lubricant cream inside the nose to keep it moist. Keep some steamer inside the room to produce enough moisture inside the room. If using air-conditioner keep the temperature at a moderate level like 23 to 26 degrees Celsius and make sure the air is not dry. It should be moist.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|