Blocked Nose

Why did my tinnitus not improve even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male. Two years back I had severe running nose and could not breathe through nose, especially during the night. Then, I was diagnosed with antrochoanal polyp in my right nose. After taking medications I no longer felt cold and running nose. However, my right nostril...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The nasal blockage did not cause tinnitus and hence, it is not relieved. The FESS surgery (functional endoscopic sinus surgery) you had was for nasal blockage and its consequences of auditory tube blockage and middle ear fluid retention. Now after surgery, your nose i...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife is suffering from cough and nose block. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 26 weeks pregnant and she is suffering from cold and cough for the past two days. Also, she is having a chronic nose block from her 12th week and using nasal spray for relief. She is finding it very hard to sleep for the past two days because of continuous cough. Her cough is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any infection is not good for pregnant women. Please confirm if your wife has any fever. Meanwhile, you can take the following measures to help her feel comfortable: Dabur Honitus cough syrup two teaspoons thrice a day. Honitus ginger cough lozenges once in two hours. ...  Read Full »

Even after taking medication, diarrhea and fever does not subside. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got home from a mission trip. Three days into the trip, I started getting chills accompanied by diarrhea once or twice a day, usually in the morning. I took Imodium each day and continued doing activities. Three days after diarrhea, I got a scratchy throat. The next day, I got ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have mentioned the duration of illness as one week which makes it an acute illness. The characteristic features of your illness are loose motion, fever, congestion in nose and sore throat. All these are features of acute viral infection,...  Read Full »

I have sniffles with small amount of blood spots in cough. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three days, I am having sniffles. But today morning, when I got up I found a small amount of blood spots in my cough. So please advise me what to do now? I never found this before. I am currently taking Corectia, Glyciphase 500 mg, Ovipauz-L, and Aspirin gastro-resistant...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows brown rusty expectoration for which you need not worry. It is due to the capillary leak at the inflamed mucosa due to the medical condition. Do you have a watery nose? Do you still sniffl...  Read Full »

Is netipot steam inhalation dangerous for sensitive nasal passage and ETD?

Query: Hello doctor, First of all, I have an anxiety disorder so I got shaken up by bad news a lot and I just want to ask you about this. I am afraid of this and please can you give me an answer that does not scare me more. I have had sensitive nasal passages and mild ETD for about 12 years. I get very...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed history. First of all, netipot nasal washes are a great way to keep your nose and sinuses clean, this method is used in India from ancient times it is a part of yoga practice. Now you can understand that neti pot washes what was used centuries...  Read Full »

What causes repeated nostrils blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am 6 feet tall and my weight is 86 kg. Basically my entire problem starts at night while lying down. Three to four years back, I had mild pain. While lying down I feel acute pain or some tingling in my left chest sometime it goes down around my body. When I am ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

Are nasal block and and continuous sneezing symptoms of allergic rhinits or nasal poyp?

Query: Hello doctor, My nose is blocked partly, one side is opened and the other side is blocked. It has been a long time like more than 10 years. When I consulted a doctor before they concluded that it is allergic rhinitis. I sneeze multiple times in one shot, like three to four times. When I consulted ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us look at your problems in a systematic way. Nose block on and off and on different sides each time sounds more like a rhinitis problem. If it were deviated nasal septum then the block will be predominantly on one side. Such a block will not be that easily relie...  Read Full »

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for intermittent fever, cough and blocked nose in a 5-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, A 5-year-old boy has intermittent fever, muscle pain, cough, and blocked nose for the past four days. The temperature is shooting up during nights and is normal during the day time. The blood test results are: CPK 23056 U/L. SGOT 513 U/L. Leptospira IgM and dengue IgM tests in pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports and history are suggestive of some viral etiology probably, however, it is advisable to do a blood culture also to rule out bacterial etiology. In the meantime, I would advise starting Ceftriaxone to be on the safer side along with proper iv (intravenous)...  Read Full »

Kindly prescribe medicines for stuffy nose and cough in an infant.

Query: Hello doctor, My infant daughter who is 8 weeks old is having stuffy nose and cough since yesterday. Kindly advise us how to take care of her and prescribe medicines necessary for her to take. We are worrying especially of her cough.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The child will have to be evaluated for reflux disease. It is a very common illness in this age group. Do not worry. The best way to control the coughing and the stuffy nose is to keep the baby at an angle of 30 to 40 degrees from ground level after feeding. You may als...  Read Full »