Q. I am afraid that a spider went up to my right nostril. What should I do?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

I think a spider went up to my right nostril yesterday morning and I am worried about it and frightened. Since then, my nose has been blocked and sore.

#

Spider or any insect can go inside the nose, mostly come through the mouth. You are telling in the morning that means you aware of it. You might have been sneezing or blow it. The nasal block may be due to allergic mucus secretion. If you are feeling spider struck in your nostril, take clean water and inhale and bring it to mouth and spit it and see. If still worried, go to ENT doctor and check it.

I went to emergency, and all they did was look up my nostril with a torch. They said that they could not see anything there, but there was a bit of blood. Now I cannot get over the fact that there may be something crawling around inside me. Nobody seems to be listening. I am not sure what to do?

#

As I told you before, please go to an ENT surgeon and check. Do sinus endoscopy. If the spider is inside, they will easily remove it. You need not panic.

|