Q. Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2021

I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very difficult to go to the toilet, and I have to give a lot of pressure to defecate. I wake up at 6.30 AM and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Then I go for a walk for 30 minutes, take one cup tea with two biscuits. At 7.30 AM, I take a glass of lukewarm water again, and at 8 AM, I go to the toilet. My doctor told me not to pass a hard stool, so I follow this routine. I feel heavy all day. Please give me some valuable advice and cure my problem. I do not have any other diseases.

#

I just read your query.

• According to your height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is 26.23. Normal BMI should ranges between 18.5 to 24.9. So first of all, you need to reduce some weight.
  • Blood while passing stool may have many reasons. But most common reasons are piles, anal fissure, etc. Sometimes blood may be due to unfortunate conditions like rectal cancer.
  • But as you have mentioned that you have already undergone the clinical examination. So, according to your history and symptoms, I can that it is piles. As piles can only be ruled out by clinical examination and it is of two types, internal and external. Piles can be dry or bleeding piles. Piles are inflamed veins in anus and rectum.
  • Constipation is the main cause of piles because excessive strain while passing stool leads to inflammation of veins. Regular bleeding may also lead to anemia, weakness, etc. So, I am advising you some lifestyle modifications that will help you a lot.
  1. Add more liquids in your diet. Take soups, juices, buttermilk, and drink plenty of water. Avoid tea, coffee, and cold drinks. More liquids will help you with constipation.
  2. First of all, avoid an irregular eating pattern. Adopt a regular eating pattern. Try to have small five meals instead of three big meals. In diet, take more of fibers. Eat fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, and prefer homemade food. Avoid junk food, deep fried and spicy food. If you take bread, then prefer whole grain bread.
  3. Avoid long sitting hours. Take a break whether it is of short duration in between sitting hours. Keep your sitting surface soft because hard surface may restrict blood supply.
  4. Avoid alcohol and smoking because it may aggravate the condition.
  5. Sleep adequately at least for 6 to 8 hours. Try to sleep before midnight.
  6. Do not strain too much while passing stool.
  7. Try to reduce some weight with the help of walk and exercise.
  • Now coming to the medication. I suggest you try using the following.
  1. Triphala Churna, take have two teaspoons of this churna at night with lukewarm milk or water daily for four weeks. This is a mild laxative and will help you.
  2. Syrup Abhayarishta15 ml with water after food, twice a day for two weeks. This is also for constipation. But only take it for two weeks.
  3. Tablet Kanchanar Guggulu, two tablets twice a day with water. Do not swallow these tablets. First of all chew them, then take water. Take these tablets for two weeks.
  4. Tablet Sanjivani Vati, two tablets twice a day with water after food for two weeks.
  5. Do sitz bath daily. For a sitz bath, take a tub filled with lukewarm water and sit in this water for 10 to 15 minutes daily. Try to sit twice a day. You can also add a decoction made of neem leaves and turmeric powder. Add some neem leaves and turmeric and boil in water and when half water remains, add this in lukewarm water. This is a natural antibiotic and it will help you a lot.
  6. When bleeding stops, then you can also use the Pilex ointment. Apply this ointment before and after the evacuation of bowel with the help of an applicator. Wash the applicator with water and soap after use and keep it dry.
  • Try all these regularly and you will soon feel positive results. In the case of excessive bleeding or some other problem, go for a clinical examination. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer. Thank you.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|