Q. My mother had piles with bleeding and pain. Why there is reccurence even after surgery?

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
Published on Oct 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 22, 2019

My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please suggest us what to do.

#

For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal.

Take a high fiber diet.

Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisilate Monohydrate) 500 mg twice a day for seven days. Follow a strict and soft diet, which helps in passing soft stool.

If she has constipation, then she can take syrup Lactulose three tablespoons at night for five days.

For urine, she might have developed a urinary infection. Give her lots of water to drink for one week. If it does not work, then get her urine routine and urine culture done and let me know.

I have sensitive penis, rectal pressure and pain after ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old male, with a long history of prostatitis, 3 to 4 years, no symptoms. Now a myriad of symptoms including all the following that come and go. Urgency, sensitive penis, rectal or prostate pressure, no pain but happens after ejaculation sometimes and from a bowel movemen...  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From history and test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears as CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) and not to localize prostate as the source of the problem. I would like to add anticholinergic to your alpha-blocker (Flomax) and Psyllium Hu...  Read Full

How to cure piles? Please suggest some medicines.

Query: Hi doctor, I have piles for the past two months. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sedentary lifestyle, eating oily and spicy junk foods, smoking and drinking habits are the common causes to have piles. It can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and lifestyle changes. Avoid eating spicy and fried junk foods. Do regular kapalbhati Mandhuka...  Read Full

Could bleeding ulcer be the reason for anal bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in the left side just below my breast all that way to the back. When I go to the bathroom, my stool has blood. It has been bleeding for two days, even without a bowel movement. The bleeding is in my anus. If I drink oregano team, then it will stop. But, will start bleeding aft...  Read Full >>

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern on this issue. The photograph which you uploaded indicates fresh blood in minute quantity (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Fresh blood from the anus on the surface of stool or without passing stool indicates a lesion in the...  Read Full

Ask a General Surgeon Now