Q. My mother had piles with bleeding and pain. Why there is reccurence even after surgery?

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 22, 2019

My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please suggest us what to do.

#

For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal.

Take a high fiber diet.

Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisilate Monohydrate) 500 mg twice a day for seven days. Follow a strict and soft diet, which helps in passing soft stool.

If she has constipation, then she can take syrup Lactulose three tablespoons at night for five days.

For urine, she might have developed a urinary infection. Give her lots of water to drink for one week. If it does not work, then get her urine routine and urine culture done and let me know.

|