Q. How can anal fissure be treated?

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Published on Mar 10, 2018

Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours after the passage of stool. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano).

You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders:

• Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in a tub of lukewarm water.
  • I suggest you take Nitrogesic (Nitroglycerin/Glyceryl Trinitrate Topical) 0.25% ointment for local application thrice a day. Very small quantity to be applied to the area of the anal canal. Kindly go through the instructions nicely given along with the ointment.
  • Cremaffin (Milk of magnesia and Liquid paraffin) syrup 10 mL at bedtime. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

These have to be followed strictly for a week.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

What to do for bleeding piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal tears after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full »

Ask a General Surgeon Now