Q. Can anal fissure cause itching and infected skin between anus and genital area?

Dr. Kakkar

I have got some itching and infected skin in-between anus and genital area. It started more than a year ago near the anus and it is increasing its area slowly. White dry dead skin comes at the surface of the infected area when not lubricated. I thought it will heal in some time by applying some antiseptic cream but it is not improving at all. Please suggest me whether it is a chronic anal fissure or some kind of infection.

#

You seem to have a fungal infection. I suggest you take Itraconazole 100 mg capsule (Ceastra XL 100 mg), twice daily for two weeks. In addition, I suggest you apply either Loceryl cream or Fungicros cream, twice daily for four weeks. You may also take an oral antihistamine like Cetirizine 10 mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching. Take care.

| 

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Can an anal fissure heal on its own?

Query: Hi doctor, After passing stool yesterday, I noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper after wiping. Now today after passing stool, I noticed a bit of bright red blood on the toilet seat, but not in the stool and a bit when wiping. I am suffering from a bit of pain when this happens, and the bleed...  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»