Q. Is my sinus problem making me cough up bloody sputum?

Published on Mar 14, 2017

I am a 21 year old female, who weighs 80 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I have a sinus problem and coughing up blood. The blood is bright red in color, and the sputum is white. I got treatment for sinus yesterday, and they gave me Betnesol and Levbrox. I also have pain in my colon. I am taking medicines since yesterday, but the blood is still coming out. I got pneumonia last year, and ever since have this sinus problem. I do not have any problem in breathing.

Hematology Pathology
#

• According to the history that you have given, it looks like you have bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infection, which causes blood in the sputum.
  • You have been prescribed steroid, which will be beneficial as a decongestant and give inflammation relief. Continue the prescribed medicines.
  • For gastric pain, you can try the following after consulting your doctor.
  1. Tablet Pantoprazole, every day in the morning.
  2. Take vitamin C lozenges.
  3. Avoid taking excess spicy foods and fatty meals.
  4. Take one teaspoon turmeric powder with milk daily.

If you have a fever and if the symptoms are not improving, then get CBC (complete blood count), x-ray and sputum examination done.

For further queries consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now