Q. Is my sinus problem making me cough up bloody sputum?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 23, 2021

I am a 21 year old female, who weighs 80 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I have a sinus problem and coughing up blood. The blood is bright red in color, and the sputum is white. I got treatment for sinus yesterday, and they gave me Betnesol and Levbrox. I also have pain in my colon. I am taking medicines since yesterday, but the blood is still coming out. I got pneumonia last year, and ever since have this sinus problem. I do not have any problem in breathing.

#

• According to the history that you have given, it looks like you have bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infection, which causes blood in the sputum.
  • You have been prescribed steroid, which will be beneficial as a decongestant and give inflammation relief. Continue the prescribed medicines.
  • For gastric pain, you can try the following after consulting your doctor.
  1. Tablet Pantoprazole, every day in the morning.
  2. Take vitamin C lozenges.
  3. Avoid taking excess spicy foods and fatty meals.
  4. Take one teaspoon turmeric powder with milk daily.

If you have a fever and if the symptoms are not improving, then get CBC (complete blood count), x-ray and sputum examination done.

For further queries consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|