Bodybuilding

Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have selected good natural medicines to testosterone booster. We do prescribe these medicines to improve natural body strength and immunity, and not specifically for body-building. But, you can use it on regular basis for two months. If Ashwagandha is available ...  Read Full »

Why has my back not developed properly?

Query: Hi doctor, When I started my workout today, I noticed that my back is not in proportion and not developed properly. I am wondering, why is it so? Do I have to see a chiropractor? Or do I need to adjust my workout forum? Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you right-handed? Is your left arm weaker? Or vice-versa? Normally, we all tend to use one side of our body more frequently and comfortably than the other, making us left or right-handed. We spend most of our life performing endless daily tasks with one side of our...  Read Full »

My gym trainer is asking me to start whey protein.Do they have any side effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 year old male. I weigh 90 kg and my height is 5'12". I actually started going to gym 3 months back and my trainer is asking me to start whey protein. I just bought one. Now my queries are: Are they safe to consume? Do they have any side effects? I do workout not very intensely...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Till now there are no side effects encountered for whey protein. It is better to take with water on empty stomach, half an hour before food. Whey protein will help to replace your body fat with muscle. You can gradually stop whey protein after few months. But it ...  Read Full »

Will lifting weights at 18 stop me from growing taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I start bodybuilding at the age of 18? Will this stop me from growing tall?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I advise you to start sports first and after a year or so, you can start going to the gym. This is because men grow in height till 20 years and after that, the growth stops. Until then, be inclined towards sports like basketball, jogging, running, bar pull-ups ti...  Read Full »

Is taking SARM supplement the reason for my back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 60 years old male in good condition. I am not taking any medication. There are ongoing painful back muscle aches apparently from months. I used SARM for workouts. I had poor hydration habits, with too much caffeine and not taken enough water. I stopped taking SARM supplement one we...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may or may not be directly related to SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator) use. As a backache is a prevalent problem in this age group and BMI (body mass index) is 39 (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which predisposes to spine problems leading...  Read Full »

What should I do for proportionate growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My diet is normal, but my body is not growing proportionately. Only my stomach is growing. My BMI is 28.14. What should I do for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned your body mass index (BMI) which is 28.14and is normal in this age group. To remain healthy, you should start doing morning walk and join a gym if you want to build your muscles. Also, you should start eating more protein in your diet like egg,...  Read Full »

I have Still's disease from 15 years. Can I take steroids for bodybuilding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from Still’s disease from the past 15 years, and I was 13 years old at that time. Now I am 28 years old, and I have no problems from the disease since the past seven years. The treatment was with Methotrexate and Medrol (Methylprednisolone). From the past seven years,...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you take anabolic steroids, your Still's disease will not come back. The only concern while using steroids in your case would be that if you use them, and later stop in life, your Still's disease may relapse.You may develop adult-onset Still's disease. So my best opini...  Read Full »

Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »