Common "Brain Focus Problems" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Brain Focus Problems

Brain focus problems or troubled concentration can occur due to tiredness, anxiety, stress, depression, attention-deficit hyperactive disorder, hunger, certain medications, endocrinal disorders, head injury, aging, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, learning disabilities, delirium, sleep disorders, etc. Difficulty concentrating can be due to intrusive thoughts, difficulty staying awake, inattentiveness, overactivity, and impulsiveness.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Something is always running in my mind and I am unable to focus on my studies. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a lazy one, and all the time's something is running in my mind. I am not accurately able to focus on my studies, and I am getting afraid and tensed by every little issue. So kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Continuous something running in mind if it is unwanted is called brooding or rumination. The more you continue it, the more problems it may create. Problems like making you more lethargic. Better start behavioral modifications like exercise, distraction techniques, k...  Read Full »

How to improve my 2 months old baby's health condition?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 2 months old. He is suffering from omphalitis, which appeared after 24 hours of birth. He had artificial respiration thrice. He was in the ICU for one month. Also, he had a kidney function disorder and blood breaks. He went through blood and blood platelet transfusion. After di...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It appears that he had a lung infection called as pneumonia, which led to an infection in the blood, low oxygen in the blood and low blood pressure. Because of this there is decreased blood supply to brain and brain damage leading to cerebral atrophy. His initial reports...  Read Full »

How to tackle my recent breakup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old engineering student. Life has been good to me for all these years. Eight months ago I met a girl, and since I met her, I have not spent a day without talking to her, and it was a long distance relationship. Now, I was very inexperienced when it comes to love as it requi...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read the details you provided, and I can understand your concern. It is good that you have improved yourself and are doing fine now. Your primary concern is that you are not able to forget the past and this is bothering you. You are just 20, and you have your who...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and ...  Read Full »

I remain tired, have mood swings, and have difficulties staying focused. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I cannot focus and need to remember things. I always feel tired. I am such a moody woman, and I have a daughter who is 18 months old. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. You may have a major depressive disorder or underlying stress. There is non-pharmacological management for your depression, and you should follow the guidelines below to deal with it. It will help you. It will help if you exercise 30 to 45 minu...  Read Full »

I am taking tablet Ritalin to focus on my studies and I also smoke marijuana. Is it safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I am prescribed to take Ritalin for studying purposes to help me focus. I only use it when I need to study. I take a max of 20 mg a day. I also smoke marijuana, I have never taken them at the same time. My question is how long would I have to wait after a 20 mg dose to use marijuana aga...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello,Welcome to read your query and understand your concern. I suggest you not consume any other substitute if you are taking Ritalin (Magnesium stearate, Polyethylene glycol). Ritalin acts on the brain and can cause side effects if other substitutes are taken. So I suggest you to com...  Read Full »

Do I have a mental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old married male. I have two daughters and a son. I have a good job and works as a manager in the engineering sector. During the past two years, I noticed myself with down health. One night, I suffered dizziness in my head and felt cold in my limbs. I almost lose conscio...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have carefully reviewed your health issues and want to add that, this actually is a painful situation for a person like you. The fainting episode destabilized your whole rhythm of normal, healthy life and it is difficult for you to concentrate. It is none of your f...  Read Full »

I have severe brain fog despite taking medications. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have had left index fingertip numbness with partial sensation loss for two months, and it developed suddenly. After one week, I had numbness on the left side of my head (around the temple) and the face behind the eardrum. I also had the first episode of inter...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I saw your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and the findings suggest small repeated strokes. Therefore, I recommend starting the tablet Piracetam 1200 mg tw...  Read Full »

My intrusive thoughts and focusing problem rebounded again after a few days of medication. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After the last consultation, I took the prescription recommended by you. I also had the thyroid test, and it was all fine. I was able to have a good sleep. And my efficiency of working increased a bit. But now, again, I am having intrusive thoughts, and there is always something going ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern and the problems encountered by you while discontinuing the medication. At the same time, I am happy to know that you are doing well in many domains with little medication and no problematic side effects other than a possible unusual smile. As...  Read Full »

Does concentration problem with forgetfulness in an 11-year-old kid indicate ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-year-old daughter hardly focuses and is easily carried away. She has forgetfulness also. She is smart, but this has been inhibited by talking too much and playing all the time. I have searched online and she happens to be exhibiting all ADHD symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth N. Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is pretty common and it usually self remits by the age of 15 to 16 years. So you might need to give her medicines until that time so that her academic performance does not suffer. You can start off with basic medicines ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.