Brain Focus Problems

I am hearing music in my head. What to do?

Query: Before you get bored with my lengthy question – the end is ‘I had a stroke’; no one can tell me if this is related. About 5 months ago I started hearing music in my head (I’m almost 70 and this has never happened); it started as just music, not even a particular song but mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello! Welcome on icliniq! I read carefully your question and would explain that the music could be related to a temporal lobe dysfunction, probably due to low blood flow in this area. You should know that chronic narrowing of blood vessels in the brain (due to atherosclerosis) can lead to brai...  Read Full »

Does concentration problem with forgetfulness in an 11-year-old kid indicate ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-year-old daughter hardly focuses and is easily carried away. She has forgetfulness also. She is smart, but this has been inhibited by talking too much and playing all the time. I have searched online and she happens to be exhibiting all ADHD symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is pretty common and it usually self remits by the age of 15 to 16 years. So you might need to give her medicines until that time so that her academic performance does not suffer. You can start off with basic medicines ...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and s...  Read Full »

Do I have a mental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old married male. I have two daughters and a son. I have a good job and works as a manager in the engineering sector. During the past two years, I noticed myself with down health. One night, I suffered dizziness in my head and felt cold in my limbs. I almost lose conscio...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have carefully reviewed your health issues and want to add that, this actually is a painful situation for a person like you. The fainting episode destabilized your whole rhythm of normal, healthy life and it is difficult for you to concentrate. It is none of your faul...  Read Full »

Can alcohol consumption result in drowsiness, confusion, and anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe brain fog, confusion, and forgetfulness for the last two months. Almost to the point where I thought I might have had a stroke, Alzheimer's, or liver failure. I now believe that it may be down to the fact that I drink about 10 pints of beer once per week...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It will not be appropriate to tell you without proper examination what exactly you might have. But yes, frequent alcohol drinkers may suffer from vitamin deficiencies (B1, B12, B6), which leads to neurological manifestation and serious consequences in the long term.Most of ...  Read Full »

Something is always running in my mind and I am unable to focus on my studies. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a lazy one, and all the time's something is running in my mind. I am not accurately able to focus on my studies, and I am getting afraid and tensed by every little issue. So kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naik

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ilciniq.com. Continuous something running in mind if it is unwanted is called brooding or rumination. The more you continue it, the more problems it may create. Problems like making you more lethargic. Better start behavioral modifications like exercise, distraction techniques, k...  Read Full »

I have a low functioning thyroid which my doctor is unable to regulate. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been searching for answers for over three years. The past two years, my quality of life on a scale of 1 to 10, has been a 2. I am grasping at anything to find the answers. My doctors have not helped. I was diagnosed 15 years ago with fibro/CFIDS, and very low thyroid, which they...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. I will try to address each point one by one. You have been labeled as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It is a diagram of exclusion, and there are no effective meds except sometimes treatment with antivirals have been seen effective. However jo...  Read Full »

How to deal with a recent breakup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old engineering student. Life has been good to me for all these years. Eight months ago I met a girl, and since I met her, I have not spent a day without talking to her, and it was a long distance relationship. Now, I was very inexperienced when it comes to love as it requ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iciniq.com. I have read the details you provided, and I can understand your concern. It is good that you have improved yourself and are doing fine now. Your primary concern is that you are not able to forget the past and this is bothering you. You are just 20, and you have your wh...  Read Full »

What should I do to improve my 2 months old baby's health condition?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 2 months old. He is suffering from omphalitis, which appeared after 24 hours of birth. He had artificial respiration thrice. He was in the ICU for one month. Also, he had a kidney function disorder and blood breaks. He went through blood and blood platelet transfusion. After di...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that he had a lung infection called as pneumonia, which led to an infection in the blood, low oxygen in the blood and low blood pressure. Because of this there is decreased blood supply to brain and brain damage leading to cerebral atrophy. His initial reports ...  Read Full »