Common "Breakage Of Condom" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Breakage Of Condom

Sometimes, condoms can rip or tear during sexual intercourse, resulting in contraception failure. Using and storing them properly can reduce the risk of condom breaks. Exposure to sun, chemicals, and heat can all weaken condoms, making them more susceptible to breakage. Variations in the size of the condom also play an important role in causing breakage. If the condoms are too tight, the friction and tension result in the tearing of condoms.