Q. Is surgery mandatory for breast cancer after chemotherapy?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

I need a second opinion on getting a surgery done for breast cancer after chemotherapy.

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

There is are multifilament lesion (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest total mastectomy, which is complete removal of the breast. The chances of recurrence will be low in this approach.

What will happen if we get it partially removed? Will radiation help after this surgery?

#

Yes, even this is also a right approach, but in case of full removal, radiation may not be required. Both methods have equally good results. Sometimes it depends on patient choice, chances of recurrence are slightly less in full removal of the breast. So little more benefit but not much of difference.

|