Q. I have nausea, headache, and excessive burping with cold hands and feet. Why?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Published on Oct 14, 2018

I have been suffering from nausea, headaches, and excessive burping. My hands and feet would get very cold whenever I have my attacks. I would have difficulty breathing.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You do seem to have a case of chronic gastritis due to Helicobacter pylori infection evident from the endoscopy report. You need prescription antibiotics to treat that given in the form of a regimen called triple therapy for 10 days to two weeks. This also contains antiulcerants which protect your gastric mucosa from stomach acid and will allow your ulcers to heal.

Now, coming to the hands getting cold could be Raynaud's phenomenon that can be due to stress caused by the attack and difficulty in breathing may be due to the severe dyspepsia and heartburn that you may feel because of gastritis. If you take the triple therapy as per doctor's prescription you carry on the antiulcerant medication for two more weeks, your symptoms should improve significantly. Please let me know if your symptoms do not improve after taking triple therapy and antiulcerant for another two weeks.

Avoid spicy food, going without food for several hours. Eat frequently. Avoid constipation. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, tea.

I have nausea and burning pain in abdomen. Please provide advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 45 kg, 5 feet one inch. I have nausea, slight pain and burning sensation in upper left abdomen, and discomfort on the left side of the abdomen. I am currently on Dolgina, Librax, Calbo.  Read Full »

I have nausea and vomiting every day because of acidity. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of acidity. It feels like a condition when a woman is going through morning sickness. I am 21 and single, but every morning I feel nausea and cannot eat anything until I throw up. Any slight stress, excitement, or sadness increases acidity that I am not able to eat anyt...  Read Full »

I have taken medicines for H.pylori infection, but the symptoms did not get better. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed to have the H.pylori infection a year ago. I have taken several doses of antibiotics, but the symptoms did not get better. What could be the problem?  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now