Q. I have nausea, headache, and excessive burping with cold hands and feet. Why?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I have been suffering from nausea, headaches, and excessive burping. My hands and feet would get very cold whenever I have my attacks. I would have difficulty breathing.

#

You do seem to have a case of chronic gastritis due to Helicobacter pylori infection evident from the endoscopy report. You need prescription antibiotics to treat that given in the form of a regimen called triple therapy for 10 days to two weeks. This also contains antiulcerants which protect your gastric mucosa from stomach acid and will allow your ulcers to heal.

Now, coming to the hands getting cold could be Raynaud's phenomenon that can be due to stress caused by the attack and difficulty in breathing may be due to the severe dyspepsia and heartburn that you may feel because of gastritis. If you take the triple therapy as per doctor's prescription you carry on the antiulcerant medication for two more weeks, your symptoms should improve significantly. Please let me know if your symptoms do not improve after taking triple therapy and antiulcerant for another two weeks.

Avoid spicy food, going without food for several hours. Eat frequently. Avoid constipation. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, tea.

|