Bromelain

How to clean tonsils with Waterpik?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having an issue with one of my tonsils (or around one of my tonsils). I have dealt with tonsil stones for years, and have typically used my finger or Waterpik to remove them. Last Saturday, I discovered some tonsil stones and used my finger to remove them. Upon not getting everything...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read every detail you wrote. I must commend you for the detailed and chronological description of your problem. Like you predicted, it does not appear like stones. It is infected tons...  Read Full »

Can calcium deficiency cause knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have been feeling pain in my left knee when I sit on the ground. When I get up it takes two minutes for the left knee to get normal and function without pain. I got a massage, but that did not work. Instead, my back started hurting slightly after that. Please advis...  Read Full »

Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not a calcium deficiency. Probably, it is prepatellar bursitis. The symptoms of calcium deficiency will not be confined to one knee and it is unusual in young persons. For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://w...  Read Full »

I have a constant sore throat with lymph nodes enlargement. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I developed a sore throat. It was mainly on the right side. I went to urgent care, and they did a quick strep test, which came back as positive. I also had a little bit of a stuffy nose, and mainly the right ear felt full or plugged. I went home with antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you suggest that you are suffering from a recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis. You may call it a recurrent acute upper respiratory tract infection. The initial infection has not healed completely, and it gets flared up frequently. Moreover, the ...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you match the presentations of globus pharyngeus or laryngopharyngeal reflux. Laryngopharyngeal reflux, like the one that occurs at the stomach-esophageal junction, occurs in the region of the neck due to the presence of some acid producing ...  Read Full »

Diagnosed as Pott’s spine in the L4-L5 region. Severe pain in back as well in the right leg. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor, Fourteen months ago, my wife went through a C-section delivering a baby girl. After 15 days of surgery, she started feeling lower backache with very local pain in bending, sneezing and coughing. Initially, we thought it is a post-cesarean effect. As she was breastfeeding the baby, she...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has Pott's spine that is tuberculosis of the spine and the treatment duration for this is 18 months. Now, the symptom you have mentioned suggests that she has got severe compression of the nerves of the back aggravated by a jerk. In such scenario, she need...  Read Full »

My father is unable to speak clearly of late and his voice sounds different. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my father. He is not able to speak clearly of late. He feels that his tongue has swollen. I have consulted many doctors, but they were unable to diagnose his disease. All his test reports are alright. There was no problem detected. But one doctor tells us that the mu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you elaborate on the symptoms ? How old is he? Does he feel like there is something stuck in the throat? Is there any change in voice or a hoarseness? Is there any pain or difficulty in swallowing? Is there any weight loss or loss of appetite? Does he smoke? Does h...  Read Full »