Q. I suspect my knee pain as calcium deficiency. Please advise.

Dr. Biswajit Das
Published on Jul 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am 30 years old. I have been feeling pain in my left knee when I sit on the ground. When I get up it takes two minutes for the left knee to get normal and function without pain. I got a massage, but that did not work. Instead, my back started hurting slightly after that. Please advise whether it is calcium deficiency or any other cause. At normal times, it does not hurt much. My height is 6'1" and weight is 96 kg.

Dr. Biswajit Das

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• No, this is not a calcium deficiency. Probably, it is prepatellar bursitis.
  • The symptoms of calcium deficiency will not be confined to one knee and it is unusual in young persons.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Do I need to get any medical prescription required or any test? Will a home remedy work for it?

Dr. Biswajit Das

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• I suggest the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Apply ice thrice daily on the left knee.
  2. Tablet Enzomac plus (combination of Trypsin, Bromelain and Rutoside trihydrate) twice daily after food and tablet Cyra D (Domperidone and Rabeprazole) at morning on an empty stomach for 10 days.
  • Avoid kneeling on ground for a few days. In future, you can use a soft knee pad while kneeling on the ground.

Revert back after 10 days to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.  Read Full »

My daughter got hit on her head with a wooden swing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter got hit in the head with a wooden swing by my other child. It hit above the eye between eyebrow and temple. She is acting fine. It is very swollen and bruised, like a very large goose egg. Do you think that calls for a trip to the doctor or just more ice packs? It has been abo...  Read Full »

Why are there white patches on the cheeks of 9 month old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, White patches are found on the cheeks of 9 months old baby boy. And also, there are some white patches near the eyes. What is that?  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now