Q. Do my X-rays show the beginnings of asthma or COPD?

Dr. Abaranam

I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday in the emergency room. Felt very weak and difficulty breathing and could not wait for my doctor appointment in two weeks. I have an unproductive cough for a month and a half and burning in my chest. Today very breathless when talking. Do these X-rays show the beginnings of asthma, COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis? Currently, I am taking Budesonide (inhale) and Acetylcysteine, Levaquin.

Dr. Abaranam

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

These X-rays show dilatation of your airways (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From X-ray, we cannot confirm the diagnosis. To differentiate asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) you need to do a spirometry testing. That will confirm the diagnosis. Take care.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

| 

Will bronchitis clear up or is this permanent? Will the airways go back to normal once bronchitis clears up?

Dr. Abaranam

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

1. If the bronchitis is acute in nature, it will clear up. If you have more than 4 to 6 attacks per year, we call it as chronic. If chronic, there will be a recurrence.
  2. That depends on the diagnosis. Acute bronchitis- airway will become normal. In asthma and COPD, you can control the disease of the airway. Cannot make the airway normal.

|