Q. Is it normal to get brown discharge just before periods?

I am 22 years old. I have to get my periods this week. But I am getting black or brown discharge. Is this normal?

#

It is known as irregular shedding. It is caused due to stress-induced hormonal imbalances during a cycle. You have to do an ultrasound pelvis to check endometrial thickness. If the endometrial thickness is less than 8 mm, then you can have a progesterone deficiency. It needs to be evaluated soon.

| 

Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later w...  Read Full »

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full »

I am getting persistent brownish vaginal discharge. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sexually active, but I am getting brown discharge over a month from my last periods. Yesterday my periods started and that is also thick black discharge. Why?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»