Q. I am getting persistent brownish vaginal discharge. Why?

Published on Apr 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am not sexually active, but I am getting brown discharge over a month from my last periods. Yesterday my periods started and that is also thick black discharge. Why?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The presence of brownish discharge throughout your cycle indicates a possible progesterone deficiency.
  • You need to get your day 3 and day 21 progesterone levels done. If they are low, then you would have to be placed on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 of your next cycle for at least three cycles.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

We have been trying to conceive for 2 years. How to achieve conception?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. My prolactin is 31.8 ng/mL, progesterone is 4.1ng/mL, not opacified left fallopian tube and no free peritoneal spillage of contrast noted. My partner has varicocele. I had a shot of progesterone. Please provide some advice on how we ca...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is evident from HSG (hysterosalpingogram) that you have a left tubal block and only the right tube is patent. Secondly, considering that your partner has varicocele, it is important to get his semen analysis done to check for sperm count and quality if it is adeq...  Read Full