Q. Though I take regular diet, I look very thin. Why?

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

I am a 26-year-old male. My height is 5'9" and weight is 54 kg. I do not look healthy. I take a regular diet and meals thrice a day. I do not have any health problems like cough, fever, and pain. Actually, I want to put on my weight and develop my muscles because I look very thin. Could you suggest me any medicines or supplements for my better body growth?

#

Good to know that you are eating well. What about family history? Are your both parents or anyone parent is underweight?

If it is familial, it is difficult to gain weight. You can try with any protein powders, Ensure is good for a supplement. Take it as mentioned in the bottle. Try to include some evening snacks. You can eat milk based sweets like rasagollas, milkshake, etc., prepared at home.

Exercise every day to increase your metabolic rate. Simplest is brisk walking. Gradually increase your intake of food. Do the above-said things and get back to me after 10 days.

Ensure two teaspoons daily with milk.

Follow up after 10 days.

|